Ok, got a good deal on a TC-14E II teleconverter

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
With the KEH sale today. Got 25% off a LN- TC-14E II teleconverter. That will work with my 600mm f/4.0 AF-I lens. I posted the sale link in equipment since it's a mix of everything for the 25% off items.

I ended up keeping the TC-14E III as it did work with a couple of my newer lenses. And it will work for future lenses if I upgrade in the future. I will probably put the II series in the 600mm box and just leave it with it all the time.

That's a good deal. I wouldn't mind getting one for my 70-200 f/4. But I'm in debation if I want to actually spend money on a teleconverter OR just save my money and get the 200-500 5.6. Although...the TC is probably cheaper in the end lol.

That's a good deal. I wouldn't mind getting one for my 70-200 f/4. But I'm in debation if I want to actually spend money on a teleconverter OR just save my money and get the 200-500 5.6. Although...the TC is probably cheaper in the end lol.
I have considered selling my Sigma 150-500 and getting the 200-500. The Sigma is not bad, but when I sent it in for repairs it came back with slower AF. They claimed the reason it broke was the af was set too fast at the factory. Anyway, been considering the 200-500 for a while for an easier to carry long telephoto lens. I have a love hate relationship with the TC's. Many detractors says to just crop in. But what if what your shooting is already fairly small on the sensor. You just might want TC and crop options! Yes they do weaken some shots. But many are just fine using them!

I have considered selling my Sigma 150-500 and getting the 200-500. The Sigma is not bad, but when I sent it in for repairs it came back with slower AF. They claimed the reason it broke was the af was set too fast at the factory. Anyway, been considering the 200-500 for a while for an easier to carry long telephoto lens. I have a love hate relationship with the TC's. Many detractors says to just crop in. But what if what your shooting is already fairly small on the sensor. You just might want TC and crop options! Yes they do weaken some shots. But many are just fine using them!

That's why I been considering getting the 1.7x TC. That gives me 380mm..at like f/6.3 I think. It's not HORRIBLE but it would probably offer better IQ than cropping. I'd imagine anyways.

That's why I been considering getting the 1.7x TC. That gives me 380mm..at like f/6.3 I think. It's not HORRIBLE but it would probably offer better IQ than cropping. I'd imagine anyways.
I had the 1.7x first. Now have the 3 of them well 4 (2 are 1.4's). I think they have their place. But not something I would leave on a lens all the time.

I had the 1.7x first. Now have the 3 of them well 4 (2 are 1.4's). I think they have their place. But not something I would leave on a lens all the time.

It's tough because that 200-500 fits in nicely with my 70-200 but boy that is a big heavy lens and it's something I'd probably only use every now and then.

Is the extra 80mm reach with the 1.4x TC worth it? 340mm sounds better haha. I also considered the 300 F4 afs, not the fancy new VR model. It's somewhat affordable.

Also, that new Tamron 100-400 doesn't look bad and the price is nice!

It's tough because that 200-500 fits in nicely with my 70-200 but boy that is a big heavy lens and it's something I'd probably only use every now and then.

Is the extra 80mm reach with the 1.4x TC worth it? 340mm sounds better haha. I also considered the 300 F4 afs, not the fancy new VR model. It's somewhat affordable.

I also have the 300 f/4.0 AF-s (non VR). But at least with me I don't have all my lenses all the time. A TC is much easier to pack than another large lens. Lighter too.

I also have the 300 f/4.0 AF-s (non VR). But at least with me I don't have all my lenses all the time. A TC is much easier to pack than another large lens. Lighter too.

That's a good point. Much easier to throw that tiny TC in the bag when going for a photo walk rather than a 200-500! Haha.

I guess different tools for different jobs.

Most reactions

Back