OK, here goes nothing...

Jewel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all

This is one that I took on our recent 9000km (by motorcycle) road trip. It's the 12 Apostles, taken by a cheap'n'nasty APS camera (no creative control except the photo format) on a cloudy and very windy day.

mypic1.jpg

Apologies, the scan quality is pretty ordinary, but it is a shot I absolutely love. The rock formations along that part of the coastline are simply beautiful.

Cheers
Jewel

Beautiful, just beautiful! the great ocean road is probably the most spectacular stretch of highway i've ever been on, especially seeing the 12 apostles. Thanks for sharing your photos, you should post more in this thread if you have them!

Did you walk down the gibson steps as well?

I've taken some pretty good pics with my old aps before, i guess it all depends on the developer. I am all digital now :)

Thanks Mark. We didn't do the steps, too cold and windy (wimps!) and we had to get to SA. It was a pretty big day!

Anyway, here are a couple more.

mypic2.jpg

Clifton Springs, south of Geelong, looking across the bay to Melbourne and Phillip Island

mypic3.jpg

This one is the Blue Lake at Mount Gambier in South Australia. The lake is in a volcanic caldera, and is the town's main water supply. And yes, it is that blue.

mypic4.jpg

This is the radio-telescope dish at Parks in NSW. If you saw the film "The Dish", this is it. (and a job and a half trying to get it all in the shot without going to the next state... :wink: )

Same camera, same trip. Hopefully after we get back from Phillip Island MotoGP again later this month I will have some more from the aged Praktica that may be a bit more hot-bike-action than landscapes! :D The action stuff from the APS looked like we were a million miles from the track, and not standing right on the tyre wall next to it... :oops:

The Dish!!!!

That really IS a blue lake.

Gorgeous shots, Jewel and welcome to the forums, Aussie :sillysmi:

:oops: Gee, everyone, thanks for the compliments!

TwistMyArm, I suspect the machinery controlling the dish may go a bit further underground than above-ground. I agree though - it does look like it's about to topple over. :shock:

Revisiting the Clifton Springs - hmmm... maybe I should learn to hold the camera parallel to the horizon.

Cheers all
Jewel

Welcome Jewel,

Thanks for the flashbacks :). Looking at your photos is like looking in my own mind ( :? ) as i have been to every one of those places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back