Ok, here goes!

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot from the now-finished local FringeFest here in MN. I'm hoping to get good enough to make it as a staff photographer next year, so any criticism helps!

First, here's probably one of the best shots I've taken of the plays - on a Nikon D50 with the kit 55mm lens. Afterwords, I rented an 17-55 f/2.8 lens, but my results weren't noticeably better - so I think I'll pick up a 50mm f/1.4 and see what happens there.

217030684_ab9ec6b1ba.jpg

Try to keep your images below 800 pixels wide, when you display them on the web.

I don't think that all the dark space is helping this photo...especially as the image is so big. Maybe you could crop it off on the left and leave the dark space on the right.

Big Mike said:
Try to keep your images below 800 pixels wide, when you display them on the web.

I don't think that all the dark space is helping this photo...especially as the image is so big. Maybe you could crop it off on the left and leave the dark space on the right.

Ah, good idea - changed the pic as well, sorry about that

I agree with big mike up there. There is too much dead space in this image. I think the image would have more impact with the correct cropping. I hope to see what you choose to do up here in the future.

Most reactions

Back