ok I have a nother question

meme84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you ever looked at pros pictuers and they look so crisp and the lighting is great white balance is great and no noise hwo do they achive that .like look at the the professional gallery and the post is :
Two Adorable Girls her pics look so good I think they are crisp lol I what I call them . what does she do to get that look.

A lot of it is good lighting, which could mean creating the light yourself or knowing how to find and use good natural light. This includes knowing how to get good exposures.

Part of it is good processing technique.

Part of it is the use of good quality 'fast' lenses.
A 'fast' lenses is one with a large maximum aperture (low F number). This allows you to get a shallow Depth of Field (DOF)...which can throw the background out of focus, leaving the subject sharp.

so a good lens would be what for a canon 30d to help get those effects

For portrait type shots, either the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, the EF 85mm f/1.8 USM or the EF 100mm f/2.0 USM. The EF 85mm f/1.8 is a popular portrait lens.

There are plenty of 'good' lenses. They all list the maximum aperture in the name/descrption....so just look for a low F number.

Take note that not all lenses are created equal. High quality lenses usually give you the ability to get better results that lesser quality lenses. It's not always easy to know which ones are better than others...but for the most part, the more expensive it it, the better.

Some examples would be:
EF 50mm F1.8. This is a 'cheap' lens but the optical quality is pretty darn good. F1.8 is a nice large aperture that would help you get similar results to the shots above.
EF 80mm F1.8. a better quality lens but more expensive....still a good deal though.
EF 35mm F1.4 L. Canon denotes their 'top of the line' lenses with an 'L' in the name...so this one is a very, very good lens....but it costs about as much as the camera (or more).
These are all 'prime' (non zoom) lenses. They are typically 'faster' than zoom lenses and better quality for the money. There are plenty of high quality zoom lenses but they are mostly limited to F2.8 as the max aperture. Cheaper zoom lenses are typically F3.5 to F5.6, which would make it a lot harder (or impossible) to get the shallow DOF that you see in those photos.

Most reactions

Back