ok ms. terri...

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...if this doesn't come somewhat close, i give up...cause i aint shootin' film or spendin $75 for an IR filter. so, let me have it:

31735935-L.jpg

....WOW.

:hail:

bace said:
....WOW.

see, you're starting off on the right foot except for that irritating bowing thing. :lmao:

thanks bace and welcome to TPF...i've enjoyed reading your 'off-topic' and 'welcome' threads.

wicked shot there jon mikal. i've always had trouble getting IR in photoshop. mainly the dark hues get really dark and muddy in pshop. The benches here are a bit dark to see here and the tree trucks have lost a bit of detail but i could the way it is in the original photograph. But it depends what effect you are trying to go after here because the tree leaves look other worldly :) .

And of course, there are always filters and IR film :D

bace said:
....WOW.

and you are treading on thin ice with that WOW comment in all caps as well, didn't you read that in page 54, section 5, paragraph 8 of the TPF proper behaviour bylaws in regards to 'WOW' comments in allcaps when you first signed up?

Jon's cheap and won't pay for developing, Vonn. ;)

Look how cute though, he keeps trying! :goodvibe:

Actually, this doesn't suck too bad, Johnny. You do have some blown highlights in the center there, however. This seems to be what happens with digital IR shots.

Were you intentionally giving it a bit of a sepia tone? It's kind of nice here.

If it weren't for those harsh highlights, you'd about be there. Why not give the old Ilford SFX a try? #25 red filter and you'll not spend precious hours staring into the monitor. :mrgreen: All you'll have to do to get these: :hail: is scan, resize - and step back!

:biglaugh:

terri said:
Actually, this doesn't suck too bad, Johnny. You do have some blown highlights in the center there, however. This seems to be what happens with digital IR shots.

I thought its pretty typical of all IR to blow out the highlights somewhat :scratch: - regardless of film or digital? I for do know that i have never been able to duplicate a good ir shot in photoshop but then again I haven't tried for a couple years now. there might be some snazzy IR filters in photoshop available now to do this trick.

Digimatt had some wicked shots with a digital cam and IR filter a while back, 'cept he didn't convert them to greyscale.

Of course, missus terri you forgot to inform that ir film is very sensitive... back in days of my film use, i messed up an entire roll of ilford IR cause i didn't handle it all proper like. :cry:

This is Awesome JM, although I don't think I have seen a pic yet that didn't make me say wow...

kelox said:
Jon, looks good to me, but what do I know. I still need to find out if the 72R is compatible with my camera. I am thinking about getting a nice udes 70 when I get home just to try the IR thing.

precisely the audience i was seeking, besides the queen, whose wickedness knows no bounds....doesn't suck too bad...whatevah! we know what true IR is...simply look on us tightwads as scientists, who are meerly seeking to perfectly reproduce an original.....cloning if you will ;) i recant my earlier statement....i'm setting crows aside for now and will devote 200% to find a PS cure!

I thought its pretty typical of all IR to blow out the highlights somewhat :scratch: - regardless of film or digital?
You can have an infrared glow in some highlight areas with true IR, but you never want blown highlights - that's just a poor exposure.

I'm not saying this image is poorly exposed, it isn't - he just bumped up the contrast too much, and it shows.

This might not even be a good example, but it's the only foliage-heavy IR I can lay my hands on at the moment....but notice how the foliage still contains image detail. To the left, the trunk of the tree appears a bit blown on my monitor, but when viewing the actual print, you can see the halo effect from reflected radiation - it's a glow. This is what is so difficult, I think, to capture with software.

fountain.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, Jon - it's hard to express it without a look-see thing.

terri said:
Oh I am so sorry to see that response........

Banned. :mrgreen:

*farts*

precisely the audience i was seeking, besides the queen, whose wickedness knows no bounds....doesn't suck too bad...whatevah!
Well, then don't ask me to come look! :lol: Nutter. Now, don't be miffed cause of the way stuff works. ;) I was trying to give an example, too!

B&H has great prices on Ilford SFX....and you can click on the link at the bottom of the page and help TPF, too! It's win-win, bay-bay! :hug::

:decides to slink away before he sics the dogs on me:

LilCujo said:
This is Awesome JM, although I don't think I have seen a pic yet that didn't make me say wow...

thank you ma'am...i appreciate your support...send all research donations to ME.

terri, 'trash then hijack'?...is this your new motto?

bace, stop cheesing in my thread!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back