Ok, so I think the flower is in focus

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and that was what I wanted in focus.. is it?

Oh, and why a rose-- I LOVE ROSES!!!

rose1.jpg

the front most petal is in focus. The photo is pretty soft and the flash is pretty harsh. I'd give it some USM sharpening at the least. IRL, I'd put the rose in bright natural light and reshoot without a flash. just my 2 cents.

I used flash--- I wonder why.. It was outside.. let me see if I have another..

why did you shoot in shutter priority?

try again, shoot in manual, f/8, 1/100, ISO200... If there isnt enough light, just crank the ISO up some. You've got plenty of room.

If you place the camera on a tripod it will get the picture a little more sharp no matter what shutter speed you are shooting at. Also you might want to think about steping a little farther back. Some lenses don't work the best when you are on the closer end of its focal range.
Wes

If you place the camera on a tripod it will get the picture a little more sharp no matter what shutter speed you are shooting at. Also you might want to think about steping a little farther back. Some lenses don't work the best when you are on the closer end of its focal range.
Wes

I will force myself to get my tripod out. I have no idea why that thing intimidates me.

I will force myself to get my tripod out. I have no idea why that thing intimidates me.

Danielle

Take some petals from the flowers and wrap them around the tripod...;)

I am not very steady, so I carry the tripod whereever I go. Tuesday, I carried it with me for 6 hours in NYC. I have carried it up trails, to friends homes, etc... pretty soon, you will not leave to shoot without it.
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, ............

***Note***
This is a friendly swat on your behind!!!

You really need to focus a lot more on the use of your camera. Without understanding your camera, you will move along in tiny baby steps and become more frustrated. You have an awesome camera, so it will be worth the time it takes for you to learn it.

Take the camera manual, and hopefully a store bought copy of a manual that goes a little further than Canon's manual.

Read through 1 section at a time and fiddle with the camera as you do.
I sit in my office and do this, shooting photos of whatever is in the room. You will be amazed at your progress over time and develop much more confidence in yourself.
You remind me of people who are timid with their computers. They are afraid they will break it if they hit the wrong button. Break the habit!!!

Good luck and keep at it.

= ) Pierre- You are right.. All the tips I get here are 100% spot on.

I am happy to share. I DID pull out that small tiny book called a manual that came with my camera. = ) For some reason my camera wasn't taking 8 frames a second (I really don't think it's that fast, but they claim it is.). So, I pulled out the manual. I fixed it, I fixed it.. Well, it said it could be caused by a low battery or full memory thingy card.. My memory card was almost full.

But a few weeks ago I was complaining that the color in my picture looked fake.. Well, I have no idea what I did.. but I want it back to the fake again..

Ehh, going to get my camera to try and get it back to the way it was.. before I "fixed" it..

PS- I have said this before, and I will say it again.. This camera is really heavy, or I have a weak hand. I wish I could find another lens like the one I use, but lighter.. if that sames sense.

That tripod is always with me.. in my car.

Last edited:
Danielle
What lens are you shooting with?

I am happy to share. I DID pull out that small tiny book called a manual that came with my camera. = ) For some reason my camera wasn't taking 8 frames a second (I really don't think it's that fast, but they claim it is.). So, I pulled out the manual. I fixed it, I fixed it.. Well, it said it could be caused by a low battery or full memory thingy card.. My memory card was almost full.

PS- I have said this before, and I will say it again.. This camera is really heavy, or I have a weak hand. .

LOL

You crack me up :lol:

Danielle

Take some petals from the flowers and wrap them around the tripod...;)

I am not very steady, so I carry the tripod whereever I go. Tuesday, I carried it with me for 6 hours in NYC. I have carried it up trails, to friends homes, etc... pretty soon, you will not leave to shoot without it.
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, ............

***Note***
This is a friendly swat on your behind!!!

You really need to focus a lot more on the use of your camera. Without understanding your camera, you will move along in tiny baby steps and become more frustrated. You have an awesome camera, so it will be worth the time it takes for you to learn it.

Take the camera manual, and hopefully a store bought copy of a manual that goes a little further than Canon's manual.

Read through 1 section at a time and fiddle with the camera as you do.
I sit in my office and do this, shooting photos of whatever is in the room. You will be amazed at your progress over time and develop much more confidence in yourself.
You remind me of people who are timid with their computers. They are afraid they will break it if they hit the wrong button. Break the habit!!!

Good luck and keep at it.

I went to NYC a few weeks ago and wish I would have had my tripod with me :(

I took so many pictures there though it was fun. Have any of your pictures on flickr or anything?

Most reactions

Back