www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Snow Barn, Hardcore C&C.

Is 1 or 2 better?

barnsnow2.jpg

SnowBarnMedium.jpg

there is no #2.

I also like the composition of #2 better; however that electrical pole sure is distracting.

It is just a shot of a barn and a washed out one at that I do nit think adding the pole in the second one adds anything to the shot but I think the first one needs mor tree try cloning out the pole and wires.

I think I like #1 best. This might would be a good B&W. I find the little birdhouse/window interesting and would like to see a closer view of it...
Cosmo

To be quite honest, I find this barn a bit boring as a subject, but you chose it, so this is what you have.
Both photos are a tad overexposed on the snow (very little one can do to "rescue" that, overexposure usually means that detail is all gone, underexposure means in most cases that detail is still there and retrievable).
Since Cosmo suggests the first might look good in B&W, I decided I wanted to give it a try. After a simple conversion, it is as flat and lacking in punch as their colour originals, so I worked on it in several more steps to bring out the contrasts and maybe even texture of the building, but I am not sure I succeeded.

Look for yourself:

Tyson_Barn_myedit.jpg

Not to bad LaFoto, I think my monitor is to dark. It's an old one, I a going to replace it this week. The overexposer is caused by my editing I think, I shoot -1 so I don,t over expose.

So this one will supposedly look too black for you?
For my monitor is bright, but I remember oh! so well what my old one was like - and when I now see photos on it ... my father-in-law now uses it, you know ... I start and think: Uh! So dark!!! You will be over the moon with your new one!!!

You ask for hardcore c&c-

I really think that you need to find something more interesting to shoot! The problem for me with this shot is that it feels like there was no "pre-thought" Stood from perhaps a couple of different sides from the building and then took a few. If you want to make it more interesting, try going for a really low POV and stand a bit closer with a wide angle (even a 17-55mm should work) lens almost fully zoomed out. I think this will give the photo more OEMF and make the viewer look more than once.

I agree. My only real complaint is that the subject is very boring...making both shots equally unappealing.

But it does look better in black and white.

Looks just like a simple photo... no thrill to it! Nice as black and white but like they said before, the electric pole is distracting a bit.

Most reactions

Back