ok then, mainly for the women

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, May 29, 2005.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

What does it mean if you tend not to look at a man when you talk to him, you smile when he speaks to you and if he speaks to you whilst you're walking towards him you have a tendancy to look downwards but still smile?
    Or does it just mean that you are simply looking where you are going and being nice?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Umm is this all the same situation or three different situations?

3. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Different situations in that they involve the same two people but not at the exact same time. So these two people could be standing next to each other whilst doing something but she won't look at him whilst he's talking (most of the time, not looking that is), or later on they'd cross paths and she'd look towards the ground a little but still beam with a gorgeous smile.

4. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dunno...gotto be carefull how yah misconstrue these things mate? I do that sometimes...but thats because I am NOT a confident person...

5. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My guess: She's shy. She likes him (you?). She's waiting for the guy to make the first move.
    What gave it away to me? - The smiling while walking but not looking at the guy. And the not looking while working close together.

Being close and looking a guy you like right in the face is very scary at first. That's why (generally) first dates are places where you don't have to look each other right in the face. Well that's what I've found anyway.

I'm probably wrong though - not much to go by here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Artemis

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Like going to see a movie? if you say yes you will make me a very very happy guy and recieve many a hug for reasons which if I must I will explain...

7. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Here's the bit of my knowledge coming from a communications standpoint. Masculine communicators (not always meaning men) communicate more directly, with direct eye contact and verbal styles. Where as feminine communicators (again not necessarily a woman) prefer an indirect approach...often times when a feminine communicator nods their head it doesn't meant that they agreeing with you just that they hear you...and vice versa for masculine communicators. Same goes with eye contact...as well as other nonverbal cues. So she may be shy...or then again, it just could simply be her communication pattern and just be something she doesn't realize she's doing...this is just book knowledge though. I'm sure someone here will give you a great opinion based on true experience.

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I think she is not confident and she doesn't know what to think about him(you?)... it may be shyness (sp?) but it doesn't have to.

9. Artemis

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How can you tell if a girl digs you? :D

10. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    She has a shovel.

11. Artemis

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lol::lol:

12. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's what I reckon. :hug:: Movies are good for a lot of reasons. Mainly being that you don't have to talk if you don't end up liking the person

I used to sit in the local shopping center and watch the teeny boppers girls with their boyfriends on their first dates and you could always tell it was the first date because they wouldn't be holding hands. (aww young love) Anyway, watching them, i think I've figured out that if the girl is walking along next to you - not to close, not to far away - but the arm closest to the guy is still (ie not swinging) then she wants you to hold it or touch it or whatever.

But how to tell if a girl really digs you is just one of those funny life mysteries. Best bet i reckon would be to be friends with one of her friends and find out from them. But make sure you don't make the girl you're interested in jealous! eek! We're just so frustrating aren't we. hehehe. Sorry!

• Like Like x 1