Okay, I bit the bullet. Bought a Nikon D70 and

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a Nikkor AF-D f/2.8 35-70 macro zoom. From what I've read, the zoom should have decent glass and the D70 is new. My plans are to use the zoom as a "normal" lens. Got a good deal on the D70 (at least a much better deal than buying it locally). Both were made for the USA and the D70 comes with all the Nikon guarantees. The lens comes in the original box and advertised as mint. What do you think?

personally, boo, but thats cuz im an all canon shooter.... rep the canons.. .good luck with the nikon!

I'm sure you will love it once you play with it for awhile. I have two. I found there was a good learning curve to it but the folks here will help out for sure.

Eric

Eric... tell me please when you get bored with d70 :) I'll buy one from you :)

Congrats on the new camera :thumbsup: We're a cross brand family and have a D70 and a 10D, both good cameras but I prefer the D70 myself.

I have the D70 as well as the Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8. I absolutely love my D70 and really like the 35-70. I don't use the 35-70 much on my D70 because I have the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 G DX ED. I use the 35-70 on my N90s and F100 becaues the 18-70 can't be used with a film camera.

The 35-70 is a great lens, but when used with the D70 its more like a 52-105mm, so it lacks the wide angle that is needed in many situations.

I think you will be happy with this combination, except when wide angle is necessary.

K

The 35-70 f/2.8 seems like a good portrait lens on a d70, but w/ an equivilent focal length of 53-105, that hardly seems like a "normal" zoom to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back