Okay, wtf is with the new layout

Guys, just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback and let you know that we are listening. We want to make this place better.

So with that said, here's a list of some of the things I'm reading that may need to be changed.

1. Add a chat link to the "Member Panel" links list. (Unfortunately, we just can't squeeze too many buttons in up there up top).

2. Move the left column to the right side.

In addition, we have some extra features we will be adding soon, possibly some blogs and a new photo gallery (keeping the old one as well) that will have more space for paid members, etc.

Also, to answer the question about the xQuote box -- it allows you to quote multiple posts at once. So if you want to reply to 3 posts, just simply click the xQuote button on each post and then click "Reply" at the bottom and all 3 posts will be quoted in your single reply. Very handy.

2. Move the left column to the right side.

xQuote box -- it allows you to quote multiple posts at once. So if you want to reply to 3 posts, just simply click the xQuote button on each post and then click "Reply" at the bottom and all 3 posts will be quoted in your single reply. Very handy.

The 2 things that will make me fall in love with the new layout.

Thank you for this!! :D

Also, to answer the question about the xQuote box -- it allows you to quote multiple posts at once. So if you want to reply to 3 posts, just simply click the xQuote button on each post and then click "Reply" at the bottom and all 3 posts will be quoted in your single reply. Very handy.

That's awesome! It sucks to open a new tab and have two session of TPF going in order to cut and paste the multiple quotes.. Okay, I'm hooked.. Now, it looks like I have to become a paid member.. How much is it to be a subscriber? I hope you don't charge by the syllable, because I have over 500 posts in just over a month with my big mouth....

So the old one was what, too convenient? People were too used to it?

geez man, don't try to be microsoft. If I want google, I'll open a new tab. I don't care about "tag cloud", wtf that is... unless I'm mistaken, this is call The Photo FORUM!!

Be a freaking forum, not a blog, google portal, or whatever other crap you're planning to add...

That's awesome! It sucks to open a new tab and have two session of TPF going in order to cut and paste the multiple quotes.. Okay, I'm hooked.. Now, it looks like I have to become a paid member.. How much is it to be a subscriber? I hope you don't charge by the syllable, because I have over 500 posts in just over a month with my big mouth....

I would hold off on becoming a subscriber until we work out the perks list... we have some plans and may include some stickers, etc. so we should be announcing that after the holidays!

So the old one was what, too convenient? People were too used to it?

geez man, don't try to be microsoft. If I want google, I'll open a new tab. I don't care about "tag cloud", wtf that is... unless I'm mistaken, this is call The Photo FORUM!!

Be a freaking forum, not a blog, google portal, or whatever other crap you're planning to add...

Dmitri,

Without improvement, we would be using the horse and buggy still. There would be no internet. Photography would not exist. It is human nature that things must change, and hopefully improve. With that being said however, there is no reason you can't use the old layout :)

Simply go to your User CP and choose from a plethora of choices available to you. Hopefully one suits your needs.

wow wow dmitri calm down

they are just trying to add a new look to the site 0 I belive they also said the old style was accesable from your CP.
As for blogs and the like its another feature of the site - if you don't use it that's fine - some of us will and some won't.

Without improvement, we would be using the horse and buggy still. There would be no internet. Photography would not exist. It is human nature that things must change, and hopefully improve. With that being said however, there is no reason you can't use the old layout :)

Sure thing, aol. The cybergraveyards are full of sites and programs that a lot of people used, until someone came in an "improved" it into obscurity.

I'm with everyone else, move the ads to the right, other than that I like it!

since "change" is part of my future, WTH.......the only thing I do not like is the left side column (Member Panel, etc.)

hmm I wonder are you (the admin) planning to add the user profile comments addition?
That along with blogs and the user societies were three big additions semi recently to the vbulletin system. User profile comments (from my experiences) has generally been the most used and popular addition to sites.
blogs are sometimes used and sometimes not (mostly as many people already have blogs) and the societies are a mixed bag - sometimes working and sometimes being totally forgotten

Well my eyes were shocked to say the least. Also you cant tell what threads you have posted in, there is no symbol. Also I would like to subscribe but, you use PayPal which I refuse to use. Will you give people like me another option?

After chowing down on some Kraft dinner and looking at it more. Im agreeing with the move to the left idea. Seems awkward?:er: If that is the word I was looking for.
As for the blog thing...would be cool to have a blog forum, similar to the regular galleries. Not a place where you could just post a link, but have a thread where you create a blog like post. Post pics and text . Sorry...ate too much, going back to my crypt. :mrgreen:

hmm I wonder are you (the admin) planning to add the user profile comments addition?
That along with blogs and the user societies were three big additions semi recently to the vbulletin system. User profile comments (from my experiences) has generally been the most used and popular addition to sites.
blogs are sometimes used and sometimes not (mostly as many people already have blogs) and the societies are a mixed bag - sometimes working and sometimes being totally forgotten

I believe the user profile comments addition is already active. Blogs are hit or miss, but I believe with time people would come to use them more and more on this site as they get used to it.

Well my eyes were shocked to say the least. Also you cant tell what threads you have posted in, there is no symbol. Also I would like to subscribe but, you use PayPal which I refuse to use. Will you give people like me another option?

If you have posted in a thread, you should see this icon next to it:
subscribed.gif
-- that is, if you've set your system to subscribe you to threads you've posted in. That's how I have mine set.

If you want to become a paid member, we will accept checks via mail as well.

If you have posted in a thread, you should see this icon next to it:
subscribed.gif
-- that is, if you've set your system to subscribe you to threads you've posted in. That's how I have mine set.

If you want to become a paid member, we will accept checks via mail as well.
Cool then I will work on mailing something out.

Most reactions

Back