Old 5$ lenses.

shev

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wondering.... I have these two lenses I bought at a garage sale for 5$ for both of them. they are pretty old. I found some old lenses, that my parents had bought for 5$ at a garage sale.

on the front of the big one it says: no. 111036 (which im assuming is the model #) asanuma auto-zoom 1:4 f=80mm - 200mm

the much smaller one says: focal mc auto 1:2.8 f=28mm no. 550613 55@

they dont even have a brand. well maybe asanuma is the brand of one of them

Anyone want to help me make sense of the numbers? is there any possibility these could be mounted to a digital slr camera? maybe with an adapter?

Thanks

The big numbers are just serial numbers - virtually every item of photographic equipment made (certainly in the last 60 years) has one. It's for identification purposes and goes on your insurance, if you insure your cameras seperately. They also go on carnets for Customs when you go abroad on location shoots.
Asanuma will probably have been made by this lot
http://www.asanuma.gr.jp/toppage.html
Afraid I don't read Japanese.
I doubt very much whether they would fit on a DSLR - or why you would want them to. If you could find an adapter it would probably cost far more than the lenses.

Check out the mounts on the lenses. If they are screw fitting then there is a good chance they might fit an old Pentax or Leica - but who knows.
You could try asking down in Collector's Corner.
You might have to resign yourself to the fact that you have bought nothing more than a couple of interesting curios, I'm afraid.

Hertz is right, sorry to say. They're both pretty much paperweights, unless you have the camera to match them to. The Focal brand made lenses in different mounts and one of them is the MC mount for the Minolta SLRs. But, Focal brand, which was sold by Sears, was a poor lens maker and a poor performer. As for the Asanuma brand, I can't vouch for it either to be a good performer.

Hertz van Rental said:
That sounds as if you're sorry I'm right!
It does, doesn't it?? Sure didn't mean that. What I meant was that I'm sorry for shev...

Alright thanks guys.

I figured it'd be a pretty poor quality, but I could still hope.

Most reactions

Back