OLD b&w CANNON+Grave

lazarus219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
I posted this on another forum- didnt get any replies out of 60 views though. I personally like this shot but i thought i might get some critique because as ive noticed- what i think looks good is usually what i take so i like most of my photos
Any critique welcome!
4posting.jpg

Another shot i got, the theme for the months photo contest on another site is solitude- i noticed this grave looked really alone and shot it for that. I probaly won't use it but any comments?
4comp.jpg

Thanks!
[EDIT] sorry about the large size of the second

I think the grave pic lacks contrast, it almost blends into the background because of the two tone nature of it - maybe if you attacked it from a different angle so that the line of dark and light is different from the grass and bushes as at the moment the tree seeems to dominate a dark picture

Agreed... in the second one, the tree dominates. Try shooting from a different angle so that the tree isn't visible, or at least at the sides of the photo, so that it doesn't draw your attention from the headstone. Also, try shooting from a lower angle to bring the headstone more to the forefront. Depending on the colors in the scene, some kind of filtration might help, too.

In the first picture... I'd try shooting it from a different angle to give it more interest. As it is, it doesn't appear to be doing anything. A bit of extra space on the left, showing space and opportunity for a cannonball to fly. Or, move a couple of steps to the left and close in on the business end of the gun to make it more intimidating. Wide angle would be great for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back