Old Barn C&C

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How does this look? I know it's overexposed, but I couldn't help the time of day as this was driving to Louisiana to see my mom.

IMG_0973.jpg

I think this shot has a lot of potential, you could try pushing the very dry feeling it has already by adjusting the white balance slight into the yellow / orange spectrum, crushing the midtones a bit, then finally very slightly desaturating the image.

Other than that, it is slightly crooked (guess you didn't stop to take this?). Very lovely shot, especially since these buildings a huge favorite of mine. I enjoy driving across the country and taking snaps of broken down farms and barns, seems every state has their own style!

hehe the crooked is because the barn itself was crooked. falling down... etc.

Yes, I stopped, but I couldn't get out. I had sleeping babies in the car and it was about 110 degrees outside!

The horizon behind the barn seems to be, more or less, level. I would warm up the photo a bit in pp by adjusting your WB and possible bump the hue just a tad away from greens and towards magenta. If you have the ability and know how, try to burn in the bottom 3rd of the photo a bit as well to balance things out and make the barn pop. These are just suggestions which I haven't tried, so sorry if the outcome isn't desirable. :lol: Just trying to help. :thumbup:

OK, so I tried messing with those ideas in lightroom for a minute and figured I would post since it says your photos are ok to edit. This is sort of what I was thinking, not quite there though. If you shot this in RAW, try editing that file as its hard to retain quality when editing JPEGs. Let me know if you want me to take the photo off.

IMG_0973-2.jpg

Wow awesome barn. Too bad you didn't adjust your exposure after taking a couple shots for a better one. It would be interesting to see what shots you could get from inside the barn! You could use the barn to frame the surrounding landscape.

the fence in front is the only thing I don't like. it really distracts

The first is best. If you want to improve this picture photograph the scene properly exposed. If you can get there in the early morning, the morning fog would add a nice mood to this run down barn. Early morning light would also help to prevent blown out highlights.

I can't "get there" It's on the road to my mom's which is quite the drive.

Well, I was just playing around, and I cropped a lot, so It probably wouldn't be printable, but it looks nice on my monitor. :D

IMG_0973editwm.jpg

Most reactions

Back