Old Barn...Take 12

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've shot this place so many times. It just screams it as you drive by! I've posted a couple shots of it in the past.

But...it's surrounded by fences, and of all things...power lines :grumpy: I've tried it with them, and without them, color, b/w. Never been too happy...until now. The only thing I'm not sure about here are the trees. Is there too much empahasis on the trees? Do they distract from the barn?

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this shot. The colors that the landscape lended this time of year suited the barn much better than all the greens. I think that because the barn blends into the dark greens and the shadows from the trees? But, do you find the trees distracting? Or does the lack of 'color' bother you?

51509307-L.jpg

I have had a fascination with this type of photography for a very long time. I really love the atmosphere in this image, as if i where looking at with eyes 50 years ago! Nice Image!

This one is perfect! The tiny bit of colour in the barn really draws your eye straight there, and also, the mountain in the background seems to accentuate the rooflines.

Woodsac I Think the trees are great in this.. IF you took the trees out or even ONE it wouldnt be the same.. They add a WARM Feel to this photo.. I really like it! The color from the barn is enough that even with the trees there, you still aim right toward it.. Wonderful Shot!

i reaslly love the muted palette of this shot. The way the trees are so similar in colour to the BG really makes the barn colour stand out nicely even tho it is very muted in itself.
Nice #12 jake. :D

I love it. The trees, in my opinion, enhance the photo: they almost shroud the barn, adding to the old and weathered mood.

Killer shot. Ya gotta frame this one man. Love it!!!!!!

Thanks, I really, really appreciate the comments!!!
This one has frustrated me for a long time. Now I feel like I won :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back