Old Barn...

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pulled over and took a picture of this barn on the way to work. It won't be here much longer as a new subdivision is being built on this land. Out with the old and in with the new...

Comments are welcome!

DSC_0003_1_2_tonemappedsharpenedbuc.jpg

Nice. Straightforward photo of an old barn, a photo to memorize it. Pleasing element is the play of shadows both on the front wall and through the door in the inside of the barn. For once I think "couldn't the graffiti artists have decorated it a bit more?" ... something more than the lone little graffito would have made this more interesting.

Nice. Straightforward photo of an old barn, a photo to memorize it. Pleasing element is the play of shadows both on the front wall and through the door in the inside of the barn. For once I think "couldn't the graffiti artists have decorated it a bit more?" ... something more than the lone little graffito would have made this more interesting.

Corinna - Thanks for taking the time to comment. There was a bit more graffiti on the left side of the barn which I brushed out of the first picture. The picture below has it in there.

DSC_0042_0_1_tonemappedSharptoweb.jpg

Great shot! One thing though, which really doesn't matter, but thats not a barn, its a drive shed.

A driveshed is typically a garage thats big enough and tall enough to hold tractors, rakes, discs and any other attachments for haying and plowing the fields.

Very nice picture. I too like to take pictures of old buildings, machinery like tractors, threshing machines and the like. I will be putting pics on here when I figure out how to do it. Time is also a factor.

A driveshed is typically a garage thats big enough and tall enough to hold tractors, rakes, discs and any other attachments for haying and plowing the fields.

Thanks for the reply to my PM and the info. I learn something new everyday.:) Having never been around farms much everything looks like a barn. :confused:

Very nice picture. I too like to take pictures of old buildings, machinery like tractors, threshing machines and the like. I will be putting pics on here when I figure out how to do it. Time is also a factor.

I look forward to seeing them. Thanks for the comment.

the first photo I wasn't uber pumped about, but seeing the second one, I LOVE IT. I love how dark the clouds are, I like seeing the graffiti, and with the added contrast you can really see the weathering! I agree (even with the original graffiti there), you shoulda took a swing at spraying! It needs more! As far as the actual name of the building. It' looks like a barn to me too :lol:

Most reactions

Back