old bus found in a clearcut forest . any idea what kind?

Ok, now that that's solved, here's a new question: For how long after a forest is clearcut is it to be considered a forest, albeit a clearcut one? :confused:

Nice pictures, especially #1. Is that around town somewhere?

yes it is. it's right on manitoba st going out of town on the right, just after the lights for the new school. they clearcut the forest for some developement and presto, one delivery truck that no one has seen in decades pops up less than a shallow lob wedge's shot from the main road!

I love the angle/perspective in picture 2, it has a sense of mystery to it, personally it makes me wonder what broke the window like that.

I love the angle/perspective in picture 2, it has a sense of mystery to it, personally it makes me wonder what broke the window like that.

Damn kids, that's what. No respect for abandoned junk.;)

ah, come on, that broken window gives it character. It wouldn't seem right without it, would it?

No, it wouldn't. I was taking a stab at being a grumpy old man there, not being serious. There, I added an emoticon to get around the internet's inability to convey sarcasm.

Reminds me of Into the Wild.

Sorry Folks but it its a Packette I know a guy who is restoring 3 of them and I let him look at the phoot and he said it is a Packeete and he should know since his Dad used to build them.

A few things you all need to know about the front grill it was made of light metal and all of the ones he has seen have the same problem they fall off. Also Ford never build a Van with the Steering Wheel on the Left side please note in the photo of the whole van you can see the Steering Wheel on the left. The only North American Build Delivery Van to come with a stander Left Side Wheel was the Packette/Wilson Design. Since most of the Packettes were sold and used in the Pacific Northwest of Canada.

As for the comment about the grill if you note the whole front of the Van is either fallen off or is missing, you can see two of the four nose hangers.

As for the two images that Logan put up that is another Wilson designed Van from the late 30s the Packette came from this design. They took and extended the wheel base drop in a Ford Build 6 small block with a 4 gear tranny and a overdrive off road mod for some Vans. I would bet that this is one of the Multi Vans with the Overdrive build into the Tranny.

Sorry Folks but it its a Packette I know a guy who is restoring 3 of them and I let him look at the phoot and he said it is a Packeete and he should know since his Dad used to build them.

A few things you all need to know about the front grill it was made of light metal and all of the ones he has seen have the same problem they fall off. Also Ford never build a Van with the Steering Wheel on the Left side please note in the photo of the whole van you can see the Steering Wheel on the left. The only North American Build Delivery Van to come with a stander Left Side Wheel was the Packette/Wilson Design. Since most of the Packettes were sold and used in the Pacific Northwest of Canada.

As for the comment about the grill if you note the whole front of the Van is either fallen off or is missing, you can see two of the four nose hangers.

As for the two images that Logan put up that is another Wilson designed Van from the late 30s the Packette came from this design. They took and extended the wheel base drop in a Ford Build 6 small block with a 4 gear tranny and a overdrive off road mod for some Vans. I would bet that this is one of the Multi Vans with the Overdrive build into the Tranny.

haha...ok, so maybe it is a Packette, but it is definitely not the same exact model in the ad that you posted, I think that's where the confusion was. There are too many obvious differences between the two.

Do you have a picture or link to the same model?

haha...ok, so maybe it is a Packette, but it is definitely not the same exact model in the ad that you posted, I think that's where the confusion was. There are too many obvious differences between the two.

Do you have a picture or link to the same model?

Yea, that was my only argument, it may be a Packette, but as you said.. no way in hell is it the same one that is in that ad, Its just not possible at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back