old camera and compatibility

cpelsy2k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i just inherited an old school ricoh kr-5 super from my dad with 2 macro lenses, a telephoto lense and some nice filters. So heres my question does anyone know what series of lenses this camera takes? I would like to be able to take these lenses to another camera with me if at all possible. my dad said he had a pentax camera prior to the ricoh and these lenses are from that camera. thanks for your help!

Would help if you say what lenses you have. It usually says whether it's pentax or nikon... etc

Manual: (warning may take a while on 56k)
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/kr-5_super/kr-5_super.htm

So heres my question does anyone know what series of lenses this camera takes?
On that page, click on the Depth of Field link and it'll take you down the page to this:
Since the camera is designed to accept any lens with the "K-type bayonet mount, your KR-5 SUPER affords you the opportunity to select any interchangeable lens or accessory of the K-" type bayonet mount available on the market.

Also copied from that page:
[Mike: you can use any K-mount lens including AF lenses. The AF lens may be difficult to focus as they are not made to be a manual focus lens. Any PK, Pa/r (lens made with Pentax and Ricoh "Program" pin or Auto PK (Pentax lens with the "auto" pin as well as the Ricoh only "program" contact pin) lens can be used but the metering remains the same. See my initial Chinon web site about the "program" type of lenses. You must change the shutter and F-stop individually to get the needles to match even though you have a "program" lens.]

Nice.... its a Kmount.... Lots of good lenses out there real cheap. In fact, it looks like a K1000 copy.

Do a search on takumar, pentax, K-mount on ebay. You should find a lot of options.

KR-5 is a lot like a K1000 (Pentax) with a plastic body. Yes your lenses will work great with most Pentax K-mount bodies. You're in particularly good luck if the lenses are Pentax as they are as good as anything out there, well worth building your setup around. If you're looking at other bodies depending on what you're after you might consider a K1000, KX or MX. But really as long as your Ricoh is in decent shape you should get great photos with it.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back