Old Cemetary

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A co-worker told me about this old cemetary. It's run down, abandoned, headstones and markers are missing because of teens vandalizing it, records have been lost so no one knows who the missing headstones belong to. No one has been buried there since 1912 with the exception of one person who was buried in 1957 next to her parents. It's surrounded by woods and is generally ignored. She told me it was surrounded by a fence. She made it sound like this ultra creepy place. It's not. The fence is actually a rather new chainlink fence complete with barbed tops. The majority of the headstones are missing and what is left has either sunk into the ground or is relatively intact. Then again, this old cemetary is set in our industrial park and has a warehouse nearby. Going there in the middle of the day on a bright and sunny day does not make the place spooky. However, I'd love to go back under a full moon and then see how creepy it is.

So here's the path that leads up to the cemetary:
DSC01401.jpg

This was by the gate. Maybe someone working up some liquid courage?
DSC01400.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

A marker that has been knocked off its base and is now starting to sink into the ground:
DSC01383.jpg

**Note** all images are unedited. I have not done any retouching to them just yet.

creepy looking place

last shot is spot on

Cool place. Great eye to catch the bottle. Makes ya wonder if the person going in had the drink, or if a resident of the cemetery escaped and needed it.:lmao:
NIcely done Brighteyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back