Old Chili Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bynx- I know you are like HDR and you have done some good stuff in the past. There are a lot of things you can contribute to the forum. With that said just leave it at that why are you trying to be the GODFATHER here.
Either you are very very very old and invented HDR or your just like us who enjoy using HDR as much as possible. The problem I see here is you bash people if you don't like there images. You are very blunt and that is good and bad depending on who the other side is. Some people learn like that and some don't. There have been times where people have critiqued your photos and rather than keep your ears open you have got defensive which we all do time to time. I bring this up because there have been images you have posted here that would be better suited for that section you mentioned but you still decided to post here and I think the reason is that you felt it belonged.

I think most folks will come in here first to see and post HDR rather than that other section. I honestly never considered posting there in the short time I have been apart of this forum and I will accept that as an error on my end. I will review that section more and see if I will benefit by posting here or there and If I decide to post here than your going to have to just deal with it.

I really don't think you need to employ yourself as the TPF HDR forum gate keeper though.

You must have had a bad day or something I am not sure but we should all be able to get along. Keep in mind we are the good guys here not the bad ones. We love HDR just like you. Its great to have more than one style of processing, it keeps it interesting. If everyone posted images that looked just like yours or just like mine this forum would be very boring.

I say keep em coming and lets all learn from one another in a positive way!

Some of those photos are HDR, however, but you don't seem to deem them so, because they don't meet your artistic standards. Frankly, I think you need to mind your own business, as you said in the PM you sent me.

Who the heck blasts someone with insults over PMs? What effect did you think that would have, honestly? XD

P.S. A facepalm is not a ***** slap. Google is your friend.

I quite like but I don't think you need so much of that editing, do you have the original pic?

Who ever NEEDS to do half the editing we do? We do it because we're creating something... not because we NEED to :p :sexywink:

::skims rest of thread::

WHAT in the F**K? Good lord.

HEY OP!

I dig it. Just sayin'. Not that *my* or anyone else's, apparently, opinion matters. But I dig it. Better than the original.

​I hope you were able to find your head again after it was ripped off... :roll:

I think this HDR section really needs a topic dedicated to a therapeutic talk between posters, to get the air cleaned a bit.. :)
Or maybe the HDR Discussion should be renamed HDR/Tonemapping discussion, leaving the "graphics program" section a place to talk about software setup and so forth.

Back OT: I really like the shot, and the original as well, it's inspiring to see how different the two look.

I really like HDR and this is the HDR forum. If you have something else and there is a place for it somewhere else then why not file it there? Are you too obtuse to understand that? You dump your stuff here when it should be there and then get your nickers in a knot when I finally say enough is enough. Is there some reason you dont like posting where it belongs? Lets see more HDR and less crap.

That, right there, is why I'm glad you're getting upset.

You've not learned the art of constructive criticism. You'll blast away at someone's image, but very rarely offer anything with regards to how the person might correct what you find to be wrong with the image. You just say "Ugh, you got halos" or "Ugh, the grass is too green" or "Ugh, you don't know how to do HDR, so your opinion sucks". You focus on the negative, and rarely, if ever, offer anything postiive. A for instance: you replaced the sky in a shot I took of the USS Recruit. What would've been far more appropriate would've been to actually correct the sky that was there or, at the very least, suggested how it could be corrected. Replacing it with the sky from a picture you have was stupid, because I don't have a picture that I can pull that sky from.

It's obvious that you have some need to be "better". That's fine but, the way you go about it givesit a name: Narcissism. That's a personality disorder. You feel the need to be more important than others; more valuable, and you attempt to accomplish that by being critical of them and tearing them down. Yet, when you post something, you basically say "See how great I am?"

If you don't like tone-maps posted here, petition for a "Tone Map" sub-forum. Because, from what I can tell, no one here is going to post elsewhere because you want them to...

Steve I treat people like I get treated. I help people out all the time spending lots of time helping them out with free books, software and info on what they are looking for. In your case the first time we met you pissed me off. So why should i help you? But I did. I tried working on your sky and it was a lost cause so the alternative was to drop a new sky in. I didnt have to explain it because it was just a pic off google that seemed appropriate. But I tried to show that it wasnt a totally useless image. Everything but the sky was fine. I said many many times on this site how to cure halos. <Moderated>. But if you search you will find the answer. As for being narcisissic, actually Im a Liberal, but I did vote NDP once. Whats wrong with seeing HDR images in the HDR forum? If you have played with different software and doing all sorts of experimental stuff thats great. But post it where it belongs and not here. Why is that too much to ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back