Old Church

OBrien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is an old monastic church I was walking towards, when the sun broke through for a brief moment so I grabbed this from a distance. I PS'd it slightly but haven't done much. I've discovered I have a problem getting contrast in our grey overcast Irish skies, burning doesn't seem to look realistic. Any suggestions?

Thanks

3434897923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D32%3C%3D866%3DXROQDF%3E2323795689789ot1lsi

O'Brien! I was beginning to miss you.

Well, I like this photo, what with the circumstances under which it was taken, for you couldn't SET the sun, you had to realise that it was shining onto the monastery church THEN, while you were still that far away, and seize the opportunity.

As always, I'm fascinated by the greens and am therefore happy about the amount of countryside in this photo. Ireland is not the Emerald Isle for NOTHING, no is it? ;)
And I also like this sky, for the same reason as you did, i.e. the ray of sunlight shining right onto that little church.

Could it be that I've been there? Is it in the Wicklow Mountains? Is it famous? Do many tourists go there?

LaFoto said:
O'Brien! I was beginning to miss you.

Could it be that I've been there? Is it in the Wicklow Mountains? Is it famous? Do many tourists go there?

Yes Lafoto, I'd say you have been there, it's Glendalough, a big tourist attraction, there are beautiful woods and lakes around there, and the famous tall round tower, (not the little one you see in this photo). I have a shot of that I'll post later. I only live about 5 miles from there.

The weather has been so grey here for the past couple of weeks it has been hard to get any interesting shots.

No need to miss me, I'll be around! It just depends how busy I am in work.

OBrien said:
No need to miss me, I'll be around! It just depends how busy I am in work.

it's Glendalough
I only live about 5 miles from there.

Good to know, O'Brien, good to know.

You live in a priviledged place I would say, and I thought it was Glendalough, and yes, I've been there, but it is loooooooooong ago when you were either not even born - you were! ;) - or (definitely) still in Leitrim. It was in 1977, and I doubt that any of my photos taken at the time are any good....

Good capture of an elusive moment! All the elements seem to be in place and the composition fills the frame nicely. The color is soft, which is pleasing. Maybe take out a little cyan and yellow.

Very nice capture of the moment. I would suggest a cropping out of the brush in the foreground and the darkest tree part on the right to tighten the composition.

Well done.

Tuna

If you could be any closer!!! but still it's a nice photo!!

I agree with tuna about the cropping and if you could make the ray of light on the church a bit brighter it would make the photo a bit more powerful,nice photo though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back