Old Doorway

Nice shot, color, saturation, exposure. I would of preferred a straight on shot.. but I do see your effort at keeping the lower frame aligned with the base of the structure/door. good work!

Thanks, 5DM. This one is all about the lines and the textures. A straight-on shot – while interesting – wouldn't have necessarily emphasized the lines.

I just wish they hadn't replaced the original doorknob with that cheapo thing :lol:

Nice shot. I love the peeling paint on the door. Ya know, that doorknob might not be that new. I recall the doors at my grandmother's house having white knobs like that. As far as it standing out in the photo, I think it adds a bit of interest.

Wow didn't even notice the door knob. My eye was concentrated on the color and texture of the wood. Very good feel. The door knob appears to be pretty new and yes I agree, OP, they killed it with the walmart knob. LOL

I like the shot and it's intent, but the door being cut off bothers me more than the door knob :lol:

when you mentioned the door handle, I can't look anywhere than the door handle :p!
Haha, it happens!

Ya know, that doorknob might not be that new. I recall the doors at my grandmother's house having white knobs like that. As far as it standing out in the photo, I think it adds a bit of interest.
You might be right about the knob not being new: I've seen a few ancient doors in which the knob looked something like this one. It still seems an anachronism, though.

Wow didn't even notice the door knob. My eye was concentrated on the color and texture of the wood. Very good feel. The door knob appears to be pretty new and yes I agree, OP, they killed it with the walmart knob. LOL
If I had titled this photo "The Doorknob", you might have not noticed the texture of the wood :)

I like the shot and it's intent, but the door being cut off bothers me more than the door knob :lol:
Oh, I always chop subjects like this. My violent tendencies in action :)

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

Love this photo. The color one.

The B&W just doesn't do anything for me. Especially with the slight purplish tone it has.

The knob doesn't bother me but you could always burn it in a bit so it is not as bright.

The color version is very nice. For the B&W version, I'd age it a bit.. It looks brand new.

The B&W isn't doing much for me as is....I'm not a big fan of sepia, but perhaps that might work better with this image than the tone you chose{?} just a thought. As Mastino mentioned it looks too new.

Love the red and white contrast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back