old eyes

some1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
looks like this man has seen alot in his life

old-man.jpg

I like it, but I'd crop the hell out of it. Throw those eyes in my face. I'm thinking vertical and maybe so tight that you don't see a speck of background. Fill the entire frame with face and partial hat. Who is this guy?

i met this guy sitting on a bench at the street.

is this better ?

alt-crop.jpg

Nagala said:
I like it, but I'd crop the hell out of it. Throw those eyes in my face. I'm thinking vertical and maybe so tight that you don't see a speck of background. Fill the entire frame with face and partial hat. Who is this guy?

I also think that when you do that you should possibly brighten it up a bit since it doesn't seem like you totally exposed the face correctly. Nice shot though, very good subject.

You know, now that I see the cropped version, I lean toward the original. Both are equally compelling though. Nice work and even better that you didn't know the person beforehand. Strangers always make for better subjects, imo.

Great shot, I find old people really beautiful... :) I'm not sure which version I like better... but I think I prefer this cropped one... :)

I love the cropped version! It makes the photos so much stronger! Just looks like he has so many stroies to tell!

Thanks for sharing

Zach :D

Fantastic photo :shock: Cropped version is really striking!

What's he thinking? Those eyes look really doleful. I'd guess he could be old enough to be a WWII veteran. If that's the case he's probably looking around at the current world we live in and thinking "why the hell did I bother fighting for what we've got now?". That's what those eyes say to me.

Most reactions

Back