Old Factory and More

Sleepy_Sentry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these photos in China with my 450D. Post-processing performed in Lightroom.

1. Old silk factory
4725849931_5af5a4ee58_z.jpg

2. Military exercises in the Forbidden City
4726504928_f0b2a15f4c_z.jpg

3. Texting on-duty
4706553225_3d99d3ab05_z.jpg

4. Out for a ride
4707177926_9324af9b05_z.jpg

5. Great Wall
4725854699_603ce9ea2f_z.jpg

I like the third shot. The textures in the wall and the scene makes it a great image

Isn't it true, Vacheron: three is great. Subject matter, colours, lighting, clarity, focus. All is right in that photo!

4 is nicely composed and would have been even more nicely composed if also the arch within the wall to the right had been included in your frame. But light and tones in that one are also nice. Seems like I do prefer your two black&white conversions to all your colour photos here.

#3 is a FANTASTIC image! Well done sir. I too wish #4 had the whole arch. But a good capture as well.

Edit: nominated ;)

#3 is a FANTASTIC image! Well done sir. I too wish #4 had the whole arch. But a good capture as well.

Edit: nominated ;)

Thanks! I still have a lot to learn, but I think my black and white skills are stronger because I took a course in the area.

I wish #4 had more of the arch, too, but that was as far out as my 28-135mm lens would go! I probably should have walked a few steps back, but was afraid I would lose the lady and her bike.

#4, what kind of a structure is that? Interesting!

#4, what kind of a structure is that? Interesting!

It's part of the old city wall in Xi'an, which dates back to 1370. I think the structure you see might have been added later. There is a museum on the first floor inside the wall and you walk up the stairs you see behind the woman to get on the wall.

City wall of Xi'an - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wall is enormous. A lot of people bring bikes because it is miles long. It is also the only preserved city wall in China. Beijing used to have a huge one, but the government tore it down in the 1950s.

so the structure is an arch like a hangar.

#3 and 4 are my favs.

For numero 3, the comp is really awesome, but maybe darkening the right and left of the soldier would've helped bring attention to him. Still awesome though!

#4: Despite what everyone seems to say about the comp of the arch, I really dig it! I think that the off center look is really neat.

The rest of the images are cool but don't really grab me like the others do. Probably the B&W just doing it's work.

Awesome for going to China! In Vietnam right now. Asia's amazing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back