Old Farm Machine

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OldFarmMachine-1.jpg

it's nice... but the machine and the landscape with the cows are competing for the attention

anyway jmo

it's nice... but the machine and the landscape with the cows are competing for the attention

anyway jmo
Agree. Nice image but if want to see the landscape the machine is just in the way enough to be annoying. If i want to see the machine it is just out of being the main subject and focal point enough to lack interest and detail.
so i am kind of left in nowhere land. The darkness of the image isn't helping. Makes my eyes work harder.

I like it but I happen to be an engineer. The way to answer the comments would be to post some images of the scene from different angles and see what they think, maybe you can't or are not inclined to do that I don't know.

On a side issue did you do any post processing and if so what just out of interest, it might help me.

Regards

I like it but I happen to be an engineer. The way to answer the comments would be to post some images of the scene from different angles and see what they think, maybe you can't or are not inclined to do that I don't know.

On a side issue did you do any post processing and if so what just out of interest, it might help me.

Regards

I'm at work & can't really post the other images, but I will tell the general idea of what I did.

This was all done in lightroom 5 CC, using nothing but the SOOC image. I first used BW preset 5 or 2 I think (I always start with the presets first), then added contrast & clarity (I tend to use a good bit of those two sliders). I also used profile correction to get rid of the lens vig and CA. Now, when I shot this, unfortunately to get the ground right in-camera I had to overexpose the sky. However, there was still information left in the pixels that formed the sky. So I used a gradient tool (again, in lightroom) and pulled the sky down about 3 stops or so, bringing the middle line of the gradient tool down to the horizon. Then I used a slight (about -9) post-crop gradient just enough to pull the viewer's eye in to the frame. Tinkered with shadow & highlight sliders until I thought it was right.

Edit: Oh yeah ... and I used the green channel slider to darken the grass a little bit.

Thanks for your reply kd I forgot that I had posted it.

Regards

BR

Most reactions

Back