old film?

Uselessdreamer1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
i just found a roll of old film and went out to use it. I think i have some awesome pictures. i didnt use it knowing it was old. I found out when i got back. Can it still be devoloped?

Well it's always worth a try. If you don't you'll just start wondering wether or not it would work and the thought of the great images you lost by not developing will haunt you at night. HAHAHA.

Seriously though. Give it a try.

There is only one answer to your question: have a crack at developing the film. It's the only way you will ever find out

I once developed some 10 or so year old b&w film that had been stored in a drawer. It was pretty fogged but I did get "pictures."

Heh, when I first found my AE-1 in my parents attic, I noticed that it still had film in it. When I showed it to my mom she said that it hadn't been used in at least 15 years, and she was so excited to see what was on it. Turns out it was an unused roll of film :roll: .

Uselessdreamer1 said:
i just found a roll of old film and went out to use it. I think i have some awesome pictures. i didnt use it knowing it was old. I found out when i got back. Can it still be devoloped?

try cross processing it. i heard and read that it works best with old expired film. (im not sure how old)

i have 2 rolls of 120
and 3 rolls of 35mm that expired 10 years ago that im going to cross process.

about 3 weeks ago i found a roll of used film, it expired in 1993, i brought it to wallmart and the pics came out fine.

I posted this on another thread just last week. I had some 4x5 sheet film (Tri-X 320, T-Max 400) that I had exposed in '94-'96 or there abouts. I had it stored in film boxes marked N or N+1 etc., and kept in or out of refrigeration,through 6 moves before I finally processed them in the fall of 2010. They are great neg's., and made great 16x20's. Go for it.

another thread from 2004, wonder if the op ever processed the film.

Most reactions

Back