Old glass on DSLRS

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Super Takumar f2.5 135mm on Pentax K3:
17083653993_349eaa9079_b.jpg

1600 ISO wide open with camera set on auto shutter speed. Denoised in NeatImage.

Awesome image!

Great shot - love it !!! (Considering that the photo seems to have been taken inside an indoor riding rink, with usually dim light, it come out very well.)

How was the lens mounted (M42-to-K-mount adapter, I assume, but how was it configured for metering and exposure)?

Last edited:
Definitely a shot to be proud of! Fantastic lighting, interesting subject. Very nice.

Great shot - love it !!! (Considering that the photo seems to have been taken inside an indoor riding rink, with usually dim light, it come out very well.)

How was the lens mounted (M42-to-K-mount adapter, I assume, but how was it configured for metering and exposure)?
Yes, I used an adapter, took off the spring (too many times had them lock up) and secured with locktite on the threads.

Put the aperture at manual, and did the shutter-priority setting. It was a medieval theatre setting, so the lighting worked great, except for color balance, which I had to adjust.

Beautiful results from an old lens on a new camera! Bravo!

This is why I love my Nikon D7000 so much. Nikon has kept their mount the same which allows me to use lenses dating back in to the mid to late 70's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back