Old Kodak Cartridge

Dany

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Buying a dirty antic camera which shows multiple evidences of use and wear may be a good deal.
The price asked is normally a fraction only of the price when in good condition and clean.

I bought this Cartridge N°4 Kodak for the following reasons:
  • I love “wood and brass”
  • This model is quite scarce where I live
  • The negotiated price was very low
  • The camera was proposed with a Kodak plate adapter fitted with its ground glass
Eastman Kodak - Cartridge No 4 (before) 003.jpg

Furthermore I know by experience that refreshing such object does not need particular skill but only time, accuracy and method.
For the mahogany varnished parts, I used a special fluid used by antiquarians to clean and shine old wood furnitures.
For the brass parts (not varnished ones), I used one of the multiple products available to shine copper.
I removed the varnish on some brass parts using acetone
The leather somewhere a bit dry, was treated with a special product used for saddles and harness.

Now here it is .

Eastman Kodak - Cartridge N°4 [767] 003.jpg

Eastman Kodak - Cartridge N°4 [767] 007.jpg

Eastman Kodak - Cartridge N°4 [767] 009.jpg

This cleaned up beautifully! Looks great. Any chance you'll test it? The bellows look so good, but still may have pinholes.

Regardless, you did a fine job. 👍

Hmm, that leather treatment product did a great job ... hmm, could you tell us what it is?

The product used for the leather is based on beef foot oil. It nourishes sotftens and protect dry leathers
I used it for the black leatherette covering the camera case
(Not to be used on red bellows)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back