Old Man of St Paul's

A very nice re-work on the latest shot posted. Nice placement of the face and the figure within the frame. The two buttons on the pea coat are now more visible and add some realism in a subtle manner. And again I have to say it, I just LOVE that doggone background!

Very nice. If you don't mind my asking, what equipment?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Don't mind at all: nikon d810 with 85mm f 1.4G. Processed in photoshop cs6. Thanks

A very nice re-work on the latest shot posted. Nice placement of the face and the figure within the frame. The two buttons on the pea coat are now more visible and add some realism in a subtle manner. And again I have to say it, I just LOVE that doggone background!

Thanks.

standout portrait. it very much feels like an oil painting, which contributes to the appeal of the photo.

Thank you Denanda, the oil painting look is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Fantastic portrait and awesome processing! I like it even more in the second version.

However, my eyes keep getting drawn to the brighter background on the top right corner of the image. My take would be to tone that down just a bit :)

Keep up the good work!

Very nice. I am at heart a large format film guy.

Congratulations on getting me to consider adding digital. I was waiting for technology to improve, this is simply amazing.

You are very talented.

Very nice. I am at heart a large format film guy.

Congratulations on getting me to consider adding digital. I was waiting for technology to improve, this is simply amazing.

You are very talented.

No problem. Trust me, digital is an incredibly exciting format to work with incredible potential - especially when you throw photoshop into the mix!

Great photo. I would have liked a lighter background but still I like it.

Thanks for the feedback Chuasam - much appreciated :)

Most reactions

Back