Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In a Piazza in Venice/Italy on 8 April 2009:

krnten2009zeitungsleser.jpg

Uncropped, taken with the Sigma 70-300mm.

Very nice overall. I would have centered the gent a little more, but that's me. I won't get into a shouting match over it.;)

Two comments: One is the cigarettes. Assuming they are his, how does he get away with smoking at that age? Or is he younger and only looks that old because he smokes?

Also, just imagining that sunlight bouncing off the paper is giving me a headache.

Very nice overall. I would have centered the gent a little more, but that's me. I won't get into a shouting match over it.;)

Two comments: One is the cigarettes. Assuming they are his, how does he get away with smoking at that age? Or is he younger and only looks that old because he smokes?

Also, just imagining that sunlight bouncing off the paper is giving me a headache.

...probably one of the dumbest comments I've seen for a photo

Anyways I really like this picture though. I kinda want to see how it looks a little farther back.

Last edited:
The cigarettes? I looked and looked to find any on him ... now I see those lying on the ground - but who's to say he had smoked those? It is a piazza in VENICE/Italy! That place buzzes with tourists! ANYONE could have dropped them!

Thanks, noob873, for commenting. There is no chance whatsoever for me to move back and re-take it. I took it in passing while DH and I visited Venice for a day (adding to the crowd of tourists, although we both are non-smoking tourists), so I took all my Venice pics more or less in passing ... and kind of deliberately decided for this very frame around him, which is the all uncropped version, as I was saying. (Unfortunately, the defect of my Sigma zoom lens is showing in this one, too - see upper right corner, that blurriness is its defect).

Anyone else?

i like it. Makes me wish i could spend my afternoons sitting in the sun, reading the paper.

Must admit i couldn't see the cigarettes either, had to go back and look again.

Another great shot LaFoto. Not sure if it is my monitor or what, but the side of his face seems a little yellow to me.

I like it. That could have been anyone at my age, and any one of us could end up being the same when we get to his age. Sitting on the stairs reading the paper. This picture is touching.

Crazydad, I do guess he was a bit jaundiced, indeed. He is sitting on the entrance step to the hospital of Venice...

Anyways I really like this picture though. I kinda want to see how it looks a little farther back.

[/quote]

Okay, so maybe I should have had smiley faces after my comments, but what's so dumb about it considering a photo works best when it has something to say?

Okay, so maybe I should have had smiley faces after my comments, but what's so dumb about it considering a photo works best when it has something to say?

Crazydad, I do guess he was a bit jaundiced, indeed. He is sitting on the entrance step to the hospital of Venice...

Ah, that could explain it. Makes you wonder about who is smoking right outside the hospital though..:scratch:

Like I was saying earlier: all of Venice is downright teeming with tourists. You get to see A LOT MORE tourists than people who look like they "belong" in one way or the other... He did, though, and others who's photos I took (or tried to take) did, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back