Old Midwest:Pic from my recent travel.

LahPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4488765400_ed4b448f1d_b.jpg

I love old wooden buildings. I wish there was more around here. I like it. The window on the left side keeps distracting me a little though. Maybe if the whole window was there or if you could of gotten it out of the shot. Also pan up a little to get the peak of door overhang. I think it is a interesting pic though. Makes me wonder how long ago it was that someone lived there.

thanks! actually i think i took a picture with the suggestions you had mentioned...see if i can find it and post it. :) thanks again... :thumbup:

I love old wooden buildings. I wish there was more around here. I like it. The window on the left side keeps distracting me a little though. Maybe if the whole window was there or if you could of gotten it out of the shot. Also pan up a little to get the peak of door overhang. I think it is a interesting pic though. Makes me wonder how long ago it was that someone lived there.

"Makes me wonder how long ago it was that someone lived there"
Yeah it was kind of spooky. I took a good look around without going in. it had light fixtures so that could of been put there some time after it was built. Still very old....

here is a full shot of the window from this shoot...
4489870145_fff57a7da5_b.jpg

I like that alot better. An idea i just had looking at it from reading another thread was to make the siding in color and the window in black and white. That way the greenish color would be there. I think that would look real good. I dont know how to do it though.

Second picture is excellent. Try cropping the bottom so the weeds are out.

When I see beatup buildings such as this, I too think of the 'people' history that also goes with them.

I also wonder about the people who worked so hard to build them. Look at the delapidated block foundation. That gives one an idea that the building is really not too old. If it was brick or stone or other, then we would know it was even older.
The trim work around the door and windows also tells me the period type of house.

I am willing to bet this may be in an environment with heavy seasonal changes.

See what photos really can do? ;)

I was just thinking a little more about the first shot. If one were to crop out the weeds, it would not be a terrible thing to remove them from the shot to keep the architecture as the prime focus, but...

The old buildings without weeds loose a little bit of their "old character"

The old buildings without weeds loose a little bit of their "old character"

I agree with this. I think the weeds in the first pic give it some old age and that more of the unkept feeling. (Not that the building looks kept up) but i think the weeds help the pic.

Unfortunately, the thing that bugs me most in the first photo is the fact that the peak of the door overhang was not included in the frame. That was the very first I noticed and from then on I could no longer look at other parts of the picture. The fact that the window frame of the window that features in the other photo is only part of the first did not even strike me any more. If this photo were mine, it'd bug me to the end of all times that I'd have cut off that peak...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back