Old Nippon Nikkor 45mm 2.8, Help

MarcPPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I got this awesome lense from my dad, he found it a few weeks ago. he use to use it for product photography in new york a long time ago.

Anyways, How much could I get for it?

dsc_0261.jpg

dsc_0262.jpg

Well the aperture ring and focus are dang smooth for the age of it. Id say its about 30 years old or so. Ive taken a few good shots with it but would rather get rid of it for something.

You think 150 is a fair price on ebay and stuff?

Well the aperture ring and focus are dang smooth for the age of it. Id say its about 30 years old or so. ...

The GN-Nikkor 45mm f/2.8 lenses are all about 40 years old. They were made for a few years in the very early '70s. None were ever made as Ai lenses, though Nikon did offer an Ai-conversion for them.

The focusing and f/stop ring of Nikkors of the period are usually silky smooth. Later Nikkors, particularily after the Ai coupling began, had stiffer f/stop rings with tighter detents on purpose. The spring loaded Ai coupling could cause the f/stop ring to creap when used with early motor drives that created a degree of vibration, if the f/stop ring's action was too smooth and the detents too light.

I think it would go for that price on eBay ... give it a shot ... you could always put a reserve on it.

Right now ebay is running a special you can list an auction at any start price for free until Sept. 1st. So just list it for the lowest price you would take as the starting price and then list that baby up.

Most reactions

Back