old pentax k1000 lenses

korene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking at purchasing a Pentax K-r camera. Will the lenses from my old K-1000 really work on this camera and if so, any adjustments needed? Thanks.

I am looking at purchasing a Pentax K-r camera. Will the lenses from my old K-1000 really work on this camera and if so, any adjustments needed? Thanks.

Not sure if you got an answer to your question or not, but any old Pentax lenses will work on the KR. Not sure if the K-1000 is screw mount or not, but the old M-42 / screw mount lenses will work on it, you just need to get a cheap adapter. There is one setting in the menu you would also need to turn on, but I'm not sure exactly what / where it is on the KR. On my K7, the command you need to turn on is called "Using Aperture Ring", and I have to select "Permitted". Hope this helps.

To answer this question: The K1000 is the simplest of the K cameras. And yes the lenses from that camera will work on today's Pentax digital cameras. That is the K10, K7, K5, and even the K-r. It depends on which lens you have from it as to how automatic it will be. I'm guessing that you will have to set the aperture and focus manually on your new camera. You will also have to set up the camera to use that lens, but it says how in the manual. You might consider buying the kit lens with your new camera so you have two to play with. It is also a great idea to have a film camera which you do, that matches your digital. That way if there is some reason to shoot film you have all the equipment already. Happy shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back