old polaroid cameras

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by skatephoto, Dec 20, 2004.

1. skatephoto

skatephoto TPF Noob!

i wanted to get one of those antique polaroid cameras for like 10 bucks and was wondering if you can use the modern day polaroid film. i know nothing about polaroid cameras but i think it would be fun to use. thanks

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm pretty sure you can't use the modern film. I mat be wrong but I think the old film is called "time zero" film and is still available from the bigger camera shops.

I have one of those old Polaroid SX-70 land cameras. I haven't used it yet though.

3. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

MIKE!!!!!! USE THE CAMERA!!!!!! I don't know if you're interested in the manipulation or not but I think you'd like it and be hooked like the rest of us. :D

I still use an old SX-70 land camera and you can get the time zero film at most major camera stores and even on line. It's actually pretty cheap to buy it in bulk directly from polaroid. Their web page has lots of good information about what is still available. Also, you can ask the question to the fine folks in the Alternative techniques section and they may know the answer right now.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ya...I have been thinking about it but I can barely justify the amount of money I spend on film now...which isn't that much :(