Old Quebec City

tinapicardphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo last year while I was living in Quebec City. I used HDR for the effet (you can see a little ghost in it ;)

I would like your comments and thoughts on it. What do you like and what do you dislike?

7.jpg

Thanks!

Tina
http://www.tinapicard.com
Blog: http://tinapicardphotography.blogspot.com

Very nice and well balanced HDR. I am not a big fan of "everything focused and sharp" image. Personally, I do like the sense of space with depth of field. In this case, the far end could have been out of focus and that can help mask the ghost portions.

BTW you can probably fix that in photoshop since you already have images that shows the wall without the truck.

no way no way

i feel as if you should have stood back a little more, to give it the sense of a long street. IT is also crooked as i cant tell which makes it less appealing. but other than that its a good HDR

Good choice for HDR. There are a couple of things you could do if you wanted. First, correct the barrel distortion and straighten the perspective lines so that the buildings on the right don't look like they're falling into the street. Second, apply an S-curve adjustment to the whole image to improve the HDR-induced low contrast. Third, dodge the building in the distance (top left) so it recedes into the background a little more. Finally, apply a little sharpening so the stone pops, at least in the foreground buildings. Or you could just leave it the way it is.

great shot
what makes the picture is that house on the hill

great shot
what makes the picture is that house on the hill

The "house on the hill" is the Chateau Frontenac in the upper city, behind the wall.

I have almost the same photo, just not HDR. Absolutely loved Quebec City when we were there 3 1/2 years ago! Great place for photography. Many performers on the street. For someone who has never been to Europe, it felt and looked just like I would imagine cities in old Europe to be.

Nice shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back