Old school vs. New school power generation

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been photographing a lot of wind power driven machines lately... here's a small serries on the two... I'm hoping that here shortly that I would like to get both of these into the same picture. The first two on a day that I used 1600 iso because I had forgotten to change it back to 100 iso (stupid noob).

358977873_a703f49708.jpg

358977856_9e1e19b528.jpg

358967834_3c68ea9e7e.jpg

359060303_5835d4aef0.jpg

358996193_fa6a03fa4f.jpg

359005896_8b569cf095.jpg

359018841_0805eb3c48.jpg

Wow... that's the fastest that I have ever seen someone give a reply... Thanks a whole lot...

very nice even though its 1600iso I cannot see much noise? :confused:

Cool series.

It's like...meaningful, dude?

very nice even though its 1600iso I cannot see much noise? :confused:

Noise Ninja 2.0 took care of that for the most part... I had to work on the first two to keep the sharpness but it helps that they are only 500x333. The modern ones were shot at 100 ISO... It was funny cause when I was shooting the first two I was very surprised that that I was shooting a 1/4000 shutter speed and like a 22 aperature.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That was the first time the I was maxing out the shutter speed and aperature on the other side of the spectum.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Where are the bullet holes in the Aeromotor? I've never seen one without them before :lol:

It would not surprise me if any of those companies who would want to advertise their new technologies might want to advertise with your photo 4 here!

The sky colour is nicest in the last, I think.

none of you guys mind that I cut off the tips of the blades on two of them? Cause that drives me crazy... I had a hard time timing it right... I was freezing and did not have a wider lens the get the whole thing... Those blades are 100 ft. (about 20 m) long, and at the tips they were traveling about 300 mi/hr. (for you people using km... that's about 493 km/hr if I remember my conversion right).

Well, I like 4 and 7 best of your modern windmill photos, anyway, so I guess those two with the cropped off wings did not make it into my Top Two for a reason ;)... ;)....!!!

Well, I like 4 and 7 best of your modern windmill photos, anyway, so I guess those two with the cropped off wings did not make it into my Top Two for a reason ;)... ;)....!!!

They would be mine if I didn't cut out the tips :(... I'll go back some day with a wider lens... Maybe at sunset... When it's not -10 F. I had to keep the shutter speed really high cause I was shaking so bad...

Great series, Bill, uh Chris uhm...
No. 4 is abso-freakin'-lutely cool.
No. 5 is also very good, but yes, you should try to reshoot and get the blades complete... would improve it a lot.

I like the simplicity of the entire series. Good job.

I think #3 is my fav. I like the slight inclusion of ground.

I'm honored to have you comment one the pictures Mr. Woodsac... Thanks for you comment... I feel like have succeeded if you like the pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back