Old School

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are part of a heritage school series that I've been shooting all around the province of Manitoba. Most of these schools are about a hundred years old.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great shots but It hasn't been long enough since I've been out of school to see this! Luckily I'm done forever.

Thats the one! I love it! Great shot! It has that old school, one room school house type of feel to it and is shot from an angle that makes me feel like I'm sitting at "my" desk waiting for the teacher to return....the worn books, the real blackboard... Thanks for posting it. ;) Oh and :thumbup: on the map also.

It has that old school, one room school house type of feel to it and is shot from an angle that makes me feel like I'm sitting at "my" desk waiting for the teacher to return....the worn books, the real blackboard...
Yep, all of these heritage schools I've been visiting are one-room schools. I find it very interesting, and I still can't imagine how you could mix children of different ages in the same classroom without confusing the heck out of all of them :)

Thanks Big and Carol for your kind words!

These are great, you can really smell the old school coming through the photos, particularly the first, even the perspective and framing you used reminds me of older photo techniques.

Thank you, AverageJoe!

Sepia conversions, as suggested on another forum:

I think the second one benefited more from the monochrome conversion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back