Old Sign

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this from a set of stairs half way up to the second floor. There were so many power lines, a power pole and chainlink fence posts that I had to remove. I tried to capture the sign with the palmettos and trees. I did convert this to B&W from color. The sun was from behind and there was the two story building casting shadows. Please Let me know what you think and how I could improve, thanks.

SunshineSign23of21A.jpg

This photo has a nice symatry to it. I like it. However, this would be a good canidate for a HDR image. This way, we would not loose the detail in the tree behind the sign and the lower right palmettos.

-Nick

Hey Nick great Idea, I'll try it although I only have the one shot of it. I'll try to lighten one and darken another in Photoshop. Thanks.

Hey Doug,

That's why were here. I aways say, they are just my opinions, maybe they help or maybe people think they're crap. Either way, it sparks conversation and gives us different ways to think about how we do things.

You are most welcome. I really do like the photograph, that's why I take the time to make suggestions.

Hope to see more from you soon Doug.

-Nick

i love it----the sign has alot of character. it looks very retro to me, like something that might be on route 66. i wouldnt have noticed the PP done on it if you had not said something. good job.

i love it----the sign has alot of character. it looks very retro to me, like something that might be on route 66. i wouldnt have noticed the PP done on it if you had not said something. good job.

Thanks, as far as I can tell the sign has been there since the 70's. It belongs to a friend who owns the Industrial Park.

I did quite a bit of PP to get rid of the wires, pole and posts. I've posted the original so you can see the difference.

SunshineSign24of21.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back