Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Results from stupid zone study.

2017_0812_13544500-01-02.jpeg

2017_0812_13560700-01.jpeg

2017_0812_12341800-01.jpeg

I like the graininess/texture overall - particularly in the last one with the bottles. These all seem very contrasty.

I must say that the one with the doll is totally creepy - the harsh lighting makes it look like something out of a horror movie. Like any second, that head could swivel to the camera and start speaking. Creepy, but in a good way.

I like the graininess/texture overall - particularly in the last one with the bottles. These all seem very contrasty.

I must say that the one with the doll is totally creepy - the harsh lighting makes it look like something out of a horror movie. Like any second, that head could swivel to the camera and start speaking. Creepy, but in a good way.
Thanks. These were painstakingly thought out, executed. I used a fill flash on the doll. Pushed everything to the max, was surprised by the result of fill in flash because I thought it may ruin it. It is a little creepy but I was going for it.

The knob is from the mid 1800's, I thought twice about it because it screamed obvious.

The bottles were authentic. One of those obvious pics so I pushed everything to the limits in order to be less obvious, more creative....or at least that was the attempt. The bottles are a good subject for cyanotype IMO.

Interesting stuff. I like how you pushed the subject to be different than obvious ... try significantly darkening the knob and see what happens ... might be interesting ... might not.

Really like this set. Love the doll.

Huh.. was anyone else expecting a self-portrait, based on the thread title?

;)

Terri pretty much nailed it.

That's what came to mind, a selfie... (you know we like to tease ya!).

That doll is freaky. In a cool way, except for me it's in a little close. The doorknob is a great subject; the bottles are a little overdone with the contrast for my tastes. Not bad for experimentation, but I'd think about leaving them, coming back and playing some more with pulling back a little and see how that looks.

Interesting stuff. I like how you pushed the subject to be different than obvious ... try significantly darkening the knob and see what happens ... might be interesting ... might not.

2017_0812_13560700-01-01.jpeg

That's what came to mind, a selfie... (you know we like to tease ya!).

That doll is freaky. In a cool way, except for me it's in a little close. The doorknob is a great subject; the bottles are a little overdone with the contrast for my tastes. Not bad for experimentation, but I'd think about leaving them, coming back and playing some more with pulling back a little and see how that looks.

2017_0812_12341800-01-01.jpeg

I would be interested in a revisit of the doll. Little more shot on angle more upright further away maybe looking upward at it.. Thinking "chucky" here .. Hee hee. Bottles i like the edit the knob just didnt have interest for me though well executed

Because of another hobby of mine, the door knob interests me most. I love the antique. I would like to see a photo of the knob and plate at an angle with both in focus.

I would be interested in a revisit of the doll. Little more shot on angle more upright further away maybe looking upward at it.. Thinking "chucky" here .. Hee hee. Bottles i like the edit the knob just didnt have interest for me though well executed
It was stuffed in a corner of an attic. I will revisit next time I'm there. They already invited me to a business meeting at the museum. I may do an article on in the museum and try and get the local paper to run it. Gary said he would edit it but it is going to take some time.

Because of another hobby of mine, the door knob interests me most. I love the antique. I would like to see a photo of the knob and plate at an angle with both in focus.
Ok, I can revisit. There were so many people around, couldn't get a good angle on it.

Most reactions

Back