Old Timer

danny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Neighbor from next door was kind enough to let me take his photo. Always thought he had a very photogenic mug. Especially appropriate at Halloween! Special thanks to Wally for his B&W conversion actions (great job Wally), and to Pete (Christie Photo) for his tutorial on vignetting in a past post of mine. Comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Looks like I have a problem with my hosting site, pbase. If you can't see the photo please try this link. Sorry for the problem.

http://www.pbase.com/theknack/image/51515115

51515115.jpg

He does indeed have a very expressive face. As a matter of personal opinion I would prefer more lighitng on his face and less on the background.

nice shot. I would like to see more light from the right side of his face showing some more of the feel of the "ol' timer"s roughness. Agree w/ Allison, in this shot, I'd like to see less backgoung lighting.

Thanks everyone for your comments. This was shot with 2 brolly boxes, and I couldn't keep the light off the BG. I think that if I had used the black BG that the hair would not have showed up nearly as well. I have a light box now and that might help. Getting this guy to stand still for 6 shots was a feat in it' self. I really want to do portrait photography, but it's a steep learning cirve, and I don't mind telling you that I'm very close to giving up on the idea.
Thanks again my friends,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back