Old Tractor in the Vineyard

motojoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anvilimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out for a day of wine tasting in Sonoma, CA when this tractor called out to me as we pulled in to one of the wineries. There were lots of things to shoot at this spot, but there was something about this tractor that spoke to me.

This is a 3 exposure HDR shot hand-held.

You can read more about this shot by visiting my photo blog @ http://anvilimage.com/2010/06/11/out-to-pasture-listen-to-your-heart/ .

Out to Pasture
895932044_hs5Xf-800x800.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-joe

Awesome! :thumbup:

I'm usually not a fan of HDR because so much of it is over-tweaked. This shot captures all the subtle shadows and highlights, which is just what HDR was meant to do. Great job!

awesome capture, I love it....i agree u should frame it.

Thanks for your comments, everyone! I appreciate it!

@Browncoat: I'm not a hug fan of the over-saturated, blown out HDR's, either. When I tell people that I do HDR, that's usually what they think of...

-joe

Way to go. I really like the sky too.

Joe
Sorry, but I do not see what others here see in this photo.

The tractor is not the star here, too many other distracting elements in the photo.

1. The sky I like, but is overpowering the tractor.
2. The field behind the tractor, even with the HDR treatment is blown out and distracting.
3. It must have been windy, the tree is out of focus and makes it difficult for me to look at the photo.

4. The tractor looks good, but it is too small relative to the overall size of the photo.

My eyes bounce all over the photo, with the sky drawing most of my attention.

^^ wow, tough comment. I like it, although i do feel that the sky overpowers the tractor. Still, a great shot.

^^ wow, tough comment.

I do not know if I would call this a tough comment. It is just my opinion - which is contrary to the others here, so Joe can take it how he wants to.

To the Joe:
I have not seen what others here have seen, in no way is my comment meant to be disparaging. There is a lot to be said for learning from mistakes, and some of the best learning comes from making comments and waiting for response to see if I hit a mark.

Fantastic shot! I love those whispy looking clouds. My only problem is that I wish you were closer to the actual tractor. Im getting easily distracted by all the other elements in the photo.

i like the vibrant colours in this picture, well done with the balance component!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back