Old Tractor

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this old tractor when I stopped at a rest stop during a drive through the Mountains of northern Japan.

Canon EOS 7D/70-200mm 2.8 IS II
200mm
f/2.8
1250th/sec
Iso-100
Handheld

IMG_9321-1.jpg

It sucks because it isnt a john deere! LOL..

Neil.. you cropped this photo quite a bit huh?. The background isnt as blurry as I like it especially with the distracting red and blue equipment in the back. I think you need to move the tractor a little to the left instead of a little to the right on the frame. But cool picture!

Thanks Schwetty. :mrgreen:

This is actually how I shot it, I just did a resize on it.

I understand what you are saying about keeping the greater distance in front of the subject, not behind.

Ya I agree it would be better with a more blurred background. I find it a little strange because I shot it wide open @ 2.8.

I guess it has something to do with distance from subject, etc.

I understand what you are saying about keeping the greater distance in front of the subject, not behind.

I thought it was the other way around? Maybe me making a noob comment again LOL.

I thought it was the other way around? Maybe me making a noob comment again LOL.

Someone told me here that its better to have the open space in front rather than behind. This was for a portrait of my son though.

the closer you are, the more you will blur out the back. Maybe they mean more about how much background is going to be included. The closer you are, the wider the angle so you are not isolating your subject.

the closer you are, the more you will blur out the back. Maybe they mean more about how much background is going to be included. The closer you are, the wider the angle so you are not isolating your subject.

Hmm maybe I should have shot it at 70 or 100mm then...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back