Old Tree

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by terri976, Aug 27, 2004.

1. terri976

terri976 TPF Noob!

ok, so it's the shell of an old tree :lol: But the story behind this tree as told to me by my Great Gradma is that this tree was struck by lightning about 40 years ago..give or take a few years. I took this picture this summer. Two weeks after taking the picture it fell apart in a strong wind. :cry:
    I did it regular and in black and white. Let me know what ya think. I welcome comments. I may not know what your saying. All the technical stuff confuses me sometimes.. Which one do you like best and why? I like the black and white better.. Can't say why I do though. By the way. All my pics are digital. And my camera is Kodak DC 3400 .....2.0 megapixel..Not really and expensive camera but I'll keep it..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ShutterBug4_4

ShutterBug4_4 TPF Noob!

Hi Terri, and welcome!! First I want to say, that I'm glad you gave us a story with your picture, I love that!
    Anyways..I like your b&w shot better, but I would like to be able to see the entire tree, instead of it being cut off at the top. Overall, good work!! Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

3. terri976

terri976 TPF Noob!

thanks :D yes, I know I cut the top off... and the old saying came back and bit me right in the butt... lol.. I kept meaning to go back and retake the shot, but just didn't get around to it.. now I can't...

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh terri, such a nice story to tell about the tree, and such a pity that you can't go back to retake the picture, for I sorely miss its tip.
    Is it in hilly countryside?
    At first, the horizon looks frightfully crooked.

5. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hmm hi!!! and welcome to the forum :) actually I prefer color one :) " don't know why... but b&w lacks contrast... for me of course :)

6. terri976

terri976 TPF Noob!

yes it is in a hilly area... and lol.. actually its a cow pasture. :lol: