Old typewrite...CC please

a.rodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF0026.jpg

C&C per req: Interesting approach, but the image seems soft, and the lighting isn't ideal; a little less image right and a little more on the UL corner would improve things greatly I think.

thanks for the response! how would you improve the lighting? im pretty new to off camera lighting and im still trying to learn.

I find it difficult to critique lighting if the photographer does not say what he intends. Did you want the shadows to be lighter? Use a reflector on the left side to bounce the light so it fills in the shadows. Some people may see a blown highlight on the upper right, but I think it is an interesting area of contrast.

Composition and focus are two easy criticisms to make, though. I don't think it is an interesting image in terms of composition because there is no context -- I'd prefer to see the surrounding environment instead of a close-up of a typewriter floating in the darkness.

For some reason the whole thing seems Soft. A bit out of focus or something......while browsing my eyes over the photo it seems as though its moving and becomes blurry. Very odd.

I agree that there is also just a hair too much light in the top right corner.

peter- thanks for the advice on composition. also just so everyone knows, i don't have a DSLR, this was shot with a point and shoot, that might explain some of the blurriness.

Most reactions

Back