Old work, flowers, god, and randomness

Dark Anghell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1) I did a lot of post processing work and blurred out the background.
dsc00528ku6-1.jpg

2) Fake roses I found laying around the house, once again a lot of post processing, adjusting contrast, levels and saturation.
IMG_2122.jpg

3) For this one, I used natural light coming through the window and didn't do any post processing
IMG_2368.jpg

4) Changed the sky from whitish color to black and lightened up the building a little bit, also adjusted the contrast.
IMG_2279-1.jpg

5) This one was shot over the weekend. Sun was just in a perfect position and IMO shows great texture.
IMG_2516.jpg

That is all for now. Please let me know what suggestions you may have for making these shots better.

i love the sand makes me dizzy...glad i wasnt intoxicated when looking at it :D the first one his face is blown out :( #2 i like the concept but the fake flowers just take away u can tell they arent real....and i assume you some how added the red tint on white flower? hmmm y? um whats the 3rd one? its blown out and underexposed all in the same photo....i love #4 but the whole left side of the building is blown out....may not have wanted to lighten that so much....i like the darken the sky idea looks like you were onto something there

i love the sand makes me dizzy...glad i wasnt intoxicated when looking at it :D the first one his face is blown out :( #2 i like the concept but the fake flowers just take away u can tell they arent real....and i assume you some how added the red tint on white flower? hmmm y? um whats the 3rd one? its blown out and underexposed all in the same photo....i love #4 but the whole left side of the building is blown out....may not have wanted to lighten that so much....i like the darken the sky idea looks like you were onto something there

Thank you for the tips/critique. The first image was taken by by old (5-6 years old) P&S, I really like the idea and the theme of the image, but quality sucks. The fake flowers...actually there was some red in the white flower, but adjusting saturation brought it out even more.
Here's one that was done in a similar fashion with making background dark and taking contrast and color to an extreme:
IMG_1942.jpg

The image #3, that was a vase with some greens in it. I think what I could have done better is put a drape over the window to diffuse the light and turned up the exposure. When I took it, direct sunlight was hitting the object.
I will try messing around with #4 and see if I can darken the blown out part of the building...make it more uniform with the rest of the image.

Most reactions

Back