Oldenburg-pics (1)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by LaFoto, Jun 10, 2005.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    With the knowledge that I might not get round to Oldenburg so soon again (reasons too difficult to explain) I decided I'd have to take some more photos of this neat little town with its lovely old town centre with all the shops in the oldest and largest pedestrian precinct of Germany, and I might share some of those with you. I have more but don't want to make this thread too large. As soon as I'll be home from a weekend away (where I intend to take thousands of new photos... groan!), I might put up more, if you want me to, that is ;) .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Off the wider streets, there go these narrower ones which I find ever so picturesque.

And you will NEVER guess what is being sold in this shop:

[​IMG]
    Or do you????? ;););););)

[​IMG]
    A nice pub front.

And round the town there is this moat and this row of houses on the other side, and I have always liked the reflections and thought by myself "One day you must take a photo". Last chance - and I used it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enough for today.
    Don't miss me too much Saturday and Sunday, I'll be back with my own talkative self on Monday, promise ;) (Or threat? :D)

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

wow LaFoto, what a series! the colors and compositions are very well done here. my favorites are the reflections, especially the first.

3. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I agree with Jon...all are nice, but the last three really work for me!!! Great job!

4. Gunderground

Gunderground TPF Noob!

Villiages like that are so beautiful.

The first and second one are really lovely scenes.

The first reflection one is just brilliant, and the last one is fascinating as well.

5. Canoncan

Canoncan TPF Noob!

Bravo LaFoto these are simply marvelous shots. I just love the reflections. What a quaint Euro Village.

6. Armstror

Armstror TPF Noob!

Wow, nice pictures! I want to go there! The shoe is pretty cool. ;)

7. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    awesome shots Lafoto! I want to visit this place too some day!! looks so cool. Love them all!

8. Lensmeister

Lensmeister TPF Noob!

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool I like these a lot .... remind me of some of the Austrian streets near my fathers old home town

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you all for your positive comments on these photos of the town of Oldenburg - it wasn't all that easy to say my thanks to you, since I had to go to Page 3 of this Gallery in order to find this thread - a weekend away and I no longer recognise any of the Gallery, so many new photos... I fear I can't be my usual self now and write out a nice reply to each and everyone's latest contributions. Whoa! So many.

Oldenburg is, indeed, a very old town and the people there would be quite offended if they heard someone say it was a "village" (Gunderground), it has had all the rights of a town for many centuries and is the commercial, administrative and cultural centres in the area.