Olympic Photography blog?

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of a blog by a photographer who shot an Olympic? I wonder how they go about their days and the beat their equipments take.

Someone posted a link to a blog with a review of Canon's new 70-200mm lens by a photographer who was shooting at the Olympics. There might be more on that blog.

I remember reading a good one from a photographer shooting the Olympics in China in 2008. The sheer amount of gear he has was incredible.

I just found this blog from Trent Nelson, who since 1995 has been the chief photographer of the Salt Lake Tribune.

Covering the Vancouver Olympics Q&A #1 | Fly on the Wall

It goes day by day, with ample photos, and some Q and A from his readers. What is interesting is that he shoots 5 year-old Canon 1D Mark II-N bodies, but at this Olympics he was able to borrow a LOT of equipment from Nikon and Canon Professional Services, so he has shots done with the Nikon D3, Nikon D3s and some top Nikon glass, as well as shots done with the new Canon 1D Mark IV and some good Canon lenses as well. Basically, on a day-by-day basis, he would hit up Nikon or Canon's pro-services folks, and they would loan him gear. So, it's interesting to see the performance of *current state of the art* gear, as well as from his 5 year old cameras. He makes some comments about ALL the gear he uses, form the opening ceremonies, to his last day there.

Most reactions

Back