Olympic Torch Relay Tomorrow

BoxPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm wanting to take some photos, its during the day at 12:30PM and there is snow so there will be lots of refection. Any idea of what settings I should be using?

P.S. What is the rule about doubling your shutter speed? :lol:

One thing about snow/bright scenes is that a camera set on auto will tend to underexpose everything. You might want to dial in a little extra exposure with the exposure compensation function or switch to manual. Not sure about doubling the shutter speed, but if you do you need to half the aperture to get the same exposure. Your quesstion is wide open becasue there are so many variables. What camera/lens?

One thing about snow/bright scenes is that a camera set on auto will tend to underexpose everything. You might want to dial in a little extra exposure with the exposure compensation function or switch to manual.
Not sure about doubling the shutter speed, but if you do you need to half the aperture to get the same exposure. Your question is wide open because there are so many variables. What camera/lens?
Doubling the shutter speed would have the same effect as setting exposure compensation to +1. (Assuming that you're in manual mode, and you don't change anything else to compensate for the change in shutter speed.)

If you're shooting manual, just make your settings so that it is a stop or so underexposed. If using any other mode, use exposure compensation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back