Olympus 3/4's lens dilemma. Please help.

xxernestoxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got in to photography a few months ago with an old 35mm slr. I just purchased an Olympus E-510 Camera body(used) for under $200 and a 40-150mm zuiko lens(new) for $100 on ebay. I felt extremely happy about my purchase until i realized that Olympus lenses are rather expensive. Budget is a big issue for me, I'm a college student so I don't have a whole lot of leeway with my budget. The minimum focusing distance with my current lens is not horrible, but if I want to take a portrait of lets say 3 people I have to be a good 15+ feet away(not good indoors lol). I want to acquire another lens in the 14mm-35mm range, all the lenses I keep seeing are 3-400+. Any suggestions from a seasoned photographer for a newbie? also is there a reason there is not a whole lot of variety of lenses for Olympus compared to Canon for example?

Thanks in advance.
-Ernesto

What about the 14-42mm from Olympus? You can buy it for USD225 from Adorama or B&H and maybe even cheaper on Amazon.

The 14-42mm or 14-45mm can both be had for under $100 used either on ebay or the 4/3's forum.

You can also find OM lens in the same price range if you don't mind focusing manually.

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back