Olympus - 45mm and 17mm f/1.2 Announced

The portrait guys have been salivating for the 45mm f/1.2. I am more interested in what the other two new Pro lenses are going to be. Hopefully a 120mm macro or a 50-200mm/100-250mm range zoom with IS. I don't think they announced what they are yet.

The portrait guys have been salivating for the 45mm f/1.2. I am more interested in what the other two new Pro lenses are going to be. Hopefully a 120mm macro or a 50-200mm/100-250mm range zoom with IS. I don't think they announced what they are yet.
I don’t think they announced, or rumored, it yet? I also thought today’s announcement was supposed to come tomorrow?

I could be off a day, because I posted my TBT today. Ugh.

I don’t think they announced, or rumored, it yet? I also thought today’s announcement was supposed to come tomorrow?

All we know is that there is supposed to be 4 new lenses coming out. I have heard no rumours on what they are. Supposedly one more prime and a zoom. A macro and mid to long range zoom makes sense. But maybe a 200mm and not a macro. I hope it's not a 400mm.

It could be coincidence that Sony launched a 42MP A7-3...could have prompted an early news release.

The 1.2 Pro series is no doubt going to be an awesome lens.
I have all three equivalent mm primes at 1.8. I can't justify the upgrade. Not to mention, I guarantee I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1.2 and 1.8.

It could be coincidence that Sony launched a 42MP A7-3...could have prompted an early news release.

I don't think so they are not in competition with each other.

I have all three equivalent mm primes at 1.8. I can't justify the upgrade. Not to mention, I guarantee I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1.2 and 1.8.

They are definitively going to be excellent glass. But for the average photographer the upgrade wouldn't be justifiable. The people that will are usually the ones that need the weather seal, are serious portrait photographers or the ones chasing a smaller DOF. The f1.8 equivalents are already very good glass especially the 45mm.
I have the 17mm f1.8 that I don't use much but I have it for low-light or night photography and I am definitely not upgrading.

What I hope but scares me is that not one but both of the next two lenses might be what I am looking for. I may have to thin the herd in my other hobby.

I'd imagine the dof would be noticeable between the 1.8 and 1.2. Your bank balance would definitely notice it

Your bank balance would definitely notice it
Sadly, yes. :(

At $1200 per lens, I'll stick with my f/1.8 lenses. I have bigger and better things to spend my money on... like that 12-100 f/4. :D

At $1200 per lens, I'll stick with my f/1.8 lenses. I have bigger and better things to spend my money on... like that 12-100 f/4. :D

I have come to the conclusion that the 12-100 is a must have. You'll love it. Put in on your Christmas list.

So it looks like the third lens will be a 12mm f1.2 Pro. Not something I'm interested in but my wallet is happy. Was really hoping for a longer macro.

I have come to the conclusion that the 12-100 is a must have. You'll love it. Put in on your Christmas list.

So it looks like the third lens will be a 12mm f1.2 Pro. Not something I'm interested in but my wallet is happy. Was really hoping for a longer macro.
I've been begging the wife, and I think I've wore her down. I'll put it on my wish list. ;)

Hmm. 12mm. Agree, not something I'm interested in. So, there's supposed to be a fourth lens, right? From all the rumors?

Wondering what that'll be, but I saw some people talking of a zoom.

I've been begging the wife, and I think I've wore her down. I'll put it on my wish list. ;)

Hmm. 12mm. Agree, not something I'm interested in. So, there's supposed to be a fourth lens, right? From all the rumors?

Rumours is a zoom with high-end glass but supposedly not a Pro.

Rumours is a zoom with high-end glass but supposedly not a Pro.
interesting.gif

Nice images!

Hmm. A high-end zoom, but not a PRO lens... What could it be. I hope they announce it soon. Not that I have the money for it, haha, but I love to window shop and live vicariously through others. :D

Most reactions

Back