Olympus e-420 with Sigma EF-500 flash

TBAM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry about the topic being a bit non-descript, however I like making it easier for others to search/find in google should they have a similar question.

Basically, I have an Olympus E-420 and an old Sigma EF-500 (with pentax compatitble hotshoe mount, as I also have a Pentax *ist D).

I'm thinking of hooking up the EF-500 to the olympus. Now, i'm not so worried about voltages anymore (I've asked that previously, my olympus likes a voltage of 3 - 6v and the flash is 5.9v and has been slated as compatible.

What I would like to know is, with the pentax hotshoe mount on the Ef-500, will it sync up with my olympus?

I understand I won't have TTL metering and such, that essentially my camera will be on manual and my flash on manual.

However, when I press the shutter will the flash fire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks heaps.

Sorry, i'm at work and don't have the 4x AA batteries at home at the moment so thought I'd ask before possibly spending $40 on 4 lithium batteries, or purchasing more rechargables, when the flash may still not work.

Sorry if my initial response seemed a bit silly or self-contained.

Just for an update, I hooked up the Sigma EF-500 Super to my Olympus E-420 and it works like a dream.

Obviously no TTL and I have to use full manual on the flash unit, but it is works fantastically and saved me essentially $350!!!

Booya!

Most reactions

Back